Agapey Chocolate Factory/Mt. Gay Rum tour

tooalto

We prefer to do private tours over a ship's excursion. We spent a full day with Glory Tours several years ago and loved every minute of it. We'll be back in 2017 and would like to see something different this time. We didn't see the chocolate factory or Mt. Gay rum distillery so would like to see both. Perhaps also the Animal Flower cave. Has anyone done a private or small group tour which hits these spots? If so, would you kindly pots the email so I can contact them?

Thanks so much

We did this same thing a number of years ago. It's really easy to get a taxi driver to take you to both.

Here's the website for the chocolate tour - http://www.agapey.com/barbadostours.html

We actually started to walk over to the chocolate factory when a taxi driver approached us, he didn't know anything about it and offered us a free ride over just to see where it was. It took him a little time to figure out that the factory was in BACK of the building but we got there in plenty of time. We asked him to come back after the tour and for $15 a person he gave us a tour of Bridgetown, found us a place for a " cutter " ( flying fish ) for lunch and then took us over to Mt Gay for the tour there. I don't remember what the cost was for the rum tour but it was reasonable. You really don't get to see the rum produced, that's done elsewhere but you get to see the bottling process and do a tasting.

We also did a tour one time that took us to the Animal Flower Cave. Not a big deal, It's a cave that gets spray from the ocean and anemones live in the small pools left. It's also way over on the other side of the island and unless you're going to tour the coastline it's a long trip.

Edited by erniesband

We were one of the first to tour this factory when the tours first started. It was kind of a "mom and pop" operation, but the chocolate was devine. I see it has really succeeded and expanded. It was one of the more interesting tours we ever did. Now I'm sure it is better than ever.