Posting from the Carnival Liberty. New Alcohol Policy?

adamt

That is not what I meant. That is why I stated that I am probably in the minority. It didnt bother me. I can't guess what everyone's day starts like. This is just my opinion and by the way both times there where no lines. Just walk up to the table and go.

Glad to know you didn't mean it that way. I'm glad there were no lines, but it is still not something I really want to do when I have a special needs child in tow. But I am happy that you can report that it's not that much of a hassle.

I did this back in Sept cruise on Fantasy...it really was no big deal. However I only buy a couple of bottles of stuff you can't get in US. Biggest hassle was paying the customs on board, that took over an hour, not sure if that is a new procedure or just happened on that cruise because Charleston has such a small port facility.

Glad to know you didn't mean it that way. I'm glad there were no lines, but it is still not something I really want to do when I have a special needs child in tow. But I am happy that you can report that it's not that much of a hassle.

I see where you are coming from. If a majority of people stop purchasing liquor like yourself maybe they will change it in the future.

My main concern is that this is the first time i ever splurged on a bottle of liquor (pulled the trigger on the Johnny Walker Blue). We normally are very meticulous when we pack, and the thought of just throwing a 200.00 bottle of scotch into a suitcase before it flys 2500 miles home just doesn't sit well.

We've decided that we'll leave one of our suitcases relatively empty, throw ALL of the liquor in there after we debark, get to the airport (Where we've got 4hrs until we fly), and arrange/wrap all of our goods right there in the airport waiting area. Not a huge deal....but much more of a hassle than we've gone through previously. I certainly hope Carnival rethinks this move.

You know, sometimes I wonder how many of those complaining about the process of liquor pick-up and the hassle of repacking have actually gone through it. I mean, I went through it and while I didn't repack for a flight home since I drove to port, I did self debark with my suitcase, a garment bag, backpack and my booze. Inconvenient...yes. But I KNEW what I was getting into. Really guys, it is what it is... Just plan and pack your bags with the consideration that you'd be bringing back a few bottles of booze in the first place if you have to worry about your 50lbs. weight limit. Most people that I have read that HAVE done it have said that it was a bit of a setback but not really a factor in deciding to buy or not to buy liquor. I went in to get my purchases about 8am and spent around 5-7 minutes tops from the time I went in to the time I had my liquor in my hands.

Ahhh. That's how they do it.

No loop hole anymore, just hook up with someone who is on the first leg and give them the cash to buy you your hooch. Not that difficult to figure out.

Next move for carnival is to pick up the alcohol in the terminal before customs after baggage claim.....I know I'm giving them ideas.