Diamond Princess Personal Choice question.

Lampwick

We were not given our preference for early or late seating when we booked our cruise for October. We were told that all that was left was personal choice. So is our only option the specialty restraunts?

Yes, it sounds like it but the "specialty restaurants" serve their own menu PLUS they offer the dinning room menu as well, so you'll get the best of both worlds.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;5;22;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Diamond Princess HERE WE COME! Alaska has never been so cool! 5/22/04
May 31, 2003 Carnival Triumph to Western Caribbean.

If your picky about the time you want to eat, be sure to make your reservations as soon as you set foot in your cabin. Everyday, they post the main dining room menu outside of the specialty restaurants as well as the menu for that restaurant (which stays the same every night) You can order off both menus if you want. They bring both menus to you when you are seated. For example:You can order an appetizer from one menu and an entree from the other restaurant. I really enjoyed the specialty restaurants.

Thanks gang. The reason I ask is that we went PC the last time we cruised and enjoyed it. We got to the dining room rearly and requested a seat by a window - then we reserved it for the rest of the week right then and there. I think this is much better than traditional dining in that for traditional they preselect the table - you have no say in the matter.

We did the same as Lampwick (reserved the same PC table by the window for the remainder of the week) on our last (Sun) Princess cruise. It may be a little less desirable to do that on the Diamond since it has 4 PC dining rooms, each with a unique theme. I would think most PC diners will want to sample each of these. I understand you can order off the traditional dining room menu at each of the PC dining rooms in addition to the unique menu.

Archived