Getaway Western Caribbean Cruise

woopuppy

Just wondering what time zone does the ship follow. Does it stay Eastern or does it follow what port your in? I keep finding contradicting posts. Anyone been on this cruise in the last month? Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Ships sail LOCAL time no matter where they are.

Want to double check that as that was not the case on my RCCL experiences where the ship always stayed on Eastern time (if departing from Florida) and we had to adjust time on our own when in Cayman.

Having said that, my tour operator in cayman for upcoming getaway cruise advised us that since the U.S. recently adjusted daylight savings time, this cruises the ship time and the cayman island time would be the same- until spring when US adjusted clocks forward again.

So... Not sure if diff cruise lines handle differently

I thought Cozumel was Eastern Standard Time. When I search it comes up as such. I am now confused.

You are correct - Cozumel (Quintana Roo state) changed from Central Time to Eastern Standard Time in January 2015