Platinum perk vs. UDP

Kingmaker_inc

Just like without UDP. You will get vouchers to your cabin and can present them on two dinners to get the complimentary bottles of wine.

You won't get anything extra (like OBC etc) because you already have UDP that also can be used to cover the dinners.

Edited by Demonyte

I asked the concierge if we could do this and he said we couldn't because the vouchers had our name and cabin number on them.

You can take a guest and if the other person is platinum he or she can take a guest. Therefore you can take another couple to a dinner with you, but it's likely true that you can't just give the two dinners to someone else. But you need the coupon to get your bottle of wine. We often just take it with us unopened.

Edited by drvalo

I asked the concierge if we could do this and he said we couldn't because the vouchers had our name and cabin number on them.

The concierge is no responsible for platinum benefits.

It's a voucher for 2 one guest no problem and we had no problem using it for 2 guests along side UDP as have others.

Edited by insidecabin

You can take a guest and if the other person is platinum he or she can take a guest. Therefore you can take another couple to a dinner with you, but it's likely true that you can't just give the two dinners to someone else. But you need the coupon to get your bottle of wine. We often just take it with us unopened.

That would make sense. We weren't planning on dining with them, I knew they had a dinner planned and was going to give them one of our certificates. We wound up getting the wine with our dinners.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Forums mobile app

The concierge is no responsible for platinum benefits.

It's a voucher for 2 one guest no problem and we had no problem using it for 2 guests along side UDP as have others.

I will remember this for our next cruise. A few of our friends don't have the UDP and if we dine with us, we will give them one of our certificates . Thanks

I will remember this for our next cruise. A few of our friends don't have the UDP and if we dine with us, we will give them one of our certificates . Thanks

You would need to use both of your certificates on the same dinner as I understand it. They would be the guest dinners for the two of you. There is no additional value to your free dinners as you have the UDP. That's why when you could purchase the UDP, the price was reduced by $20 if you were platinum. It was reduced for the one dinner for you and not the guest dinner.

I'm not certain giving the other couple one of the certificates would work. We just used our vouchers on Pearl with another couple who were not Platinum. We all dined together at Moderno. Technically, Betsy used her certificate to take Clayton as a guest, and I used my certificate to take Anita as a guest. Betsy and I each received a bottle of wine.

In reality, Anita and Clay sat at one side of the table and Betsy and I on the other, and we shared one of or bottles of wine with them. We did not finish the wine at that dinner, had the half bottles labelled and got them back the next night in the main dining room.

None of us had the UDP; we enjoy the varied menus in the MDR too much. We did dine one evening in O'Sheehan's (spare ribs!) and one evening in the complimentary (thanks, FDR) Asian restaurant. We also had one lunch in O'Sheehan's and one on the pool deck; all the rest of our breakfasts and lunches were in the main dining room (Summer Palace on Pearl). Great food, great variety, great preparation, and some of the best service we've received on cruise ships.

You would need to use both of your certificates on the same dinner as I understand it. They would be the guest dinners for the two of you. There is no additional value to your free dinners as you have the UDP. That's why when you could purchase the UDP, the price was reduced by $20 if you were platinum. It was reduced for the one dinner for you and not the guest dinner.

Our UDP was part of our suite package so there wasn't a price to be reduced.

I meant that if another couple comes to dinner with us we will use the certificates then.

Yes, you need to use as many certificates as you have guests with you.

One cert can cover two people they may not take it for two, but have done as as long as the dining room can cover the head count, with cover charges Platinum certificates, free dinner letters and UDP/SDP they don't really care.