Legend OTS - Questions about cabin

I just want to verify that Legend OTS has retractable clothesline in the shower? Also, is there a small refrigerator in the room, or is it just the stocked mini bar? Can we take all the stuff out of the mini bar and use it as a refrigerator?

Hi Mirthmaiden,

We have just returned in August from a cruise on LOTS from southampton in the UK. We had an Ocean view cabin in which there wasn't a fridge. We were supplied with just an ice bucket..6 cans of pop..and 2 bottles of water. There was a clothesline in the shower to which I hung one of those plastic hanger topped gadgets.. with arms extending with clothespins attached. I could then wash out several small things and hang all at once. It is very probable that larger balcony.. or suite..jr suite..cabins may have had a refrigerator. Hope this is of some help.

Hi Mirthmaiden,

We have just returned in August from a cruise on LOTS from southampton in the UK. We had an Ocean view cabin in which there wasn't a fridge. We were supplied with just an ice bucket..6 cans of pop..and 2 bottles of water. There was a clothesline in the shower to which I hung one of those plastic hanger topped gadgets.. with arms extending with clothespins attached. I could then wash out several small things and hang all at once. It is very probable that larger balcony.. or suite..jr suite..cabins may have had a refrigerator. Hope this is of some help.

Thanks cruiser_carol. We are in a cat D-1 balcony. Guess I should have specified that. I'm not sure what "plastic hanger topped gadget" you're referring to, but it sounds like something I'll need. I presume it is something that lets you hang more items than would fit across the clothesline?

btw... it's refreshing to hear from someone who also says "pop." I moved to Virginia from Michigan 4 years and had to break myself of that habit, changing over to "soda" after much gentle teasing from DH and his kids :p That's OK... WE know what it's really called, don't we? ;)

Hi Again Mirthmaiden, From one "pop" drinker to another..Here's the scoop.

You buy these hang up gadgets from places like the pound store (dollar store there of course..or Walmart, K Mart etc.) and I am sure that I have heard them mentioned by both the American travelers, as well as, the British. It has a curved hook at the top (like a clothes hanger) for hanging it...folds flat..and when you hold onto the hook and flip it open, there are like little branches or arms that flick out and have clothes pin type clips at the end. The designs vary...some are in plastic, some metal, and some look like 3 or 4 hangers hooked together, some look more circular. In the end you have what looks like an octupus type shape with a raised hook in the center. You hook that on your line and from the 4 or 5 extending arms, you can clip on several pieces of laundry. I even hooked tops that were no iron material..and they came out great. I just stretched them between 2 arms, putting a clip on either corner of the top. This still left enough space on the line to put a clothes hanger with a shirt or something else on it. we are not big swimmers, but these hooks are great for swimsuits to drip off in the shower. We used them when the kids were young and we used to go camping. The pop up laundry bin is also very helpful. These are the ones in net with little circular rings every so often that fold flat in a circle and then pop up in a tunnel shape. Mine ended up to be much smaller than expected and had a partially closed in top with a string loop to hang it..I managed to fit it onto the towel rail in our bathroom and it was ideal. I put into their all the things "I could wash out" and it kept the floor in the bath and other areas tidy. The Big items That needed washed at home, I put in a heavy duty bag in the corner of my closet. You will have a lot more closet space than we did...we had just one small closet and it had a post thru one part of it cutting down even more the hanging space. We had" 6 bags" (I can never pack lite) but we were away for 14 days...with lots of clothes needing hanging. I had one bag of just "suggested usefuls.".picked up off this site. A real success story, however, were the thin hangers I bought and the multi use hangers. Both suggested on CC. Those multi hangers again have several levels.. each have clothes pin type clips.. they hold 4 or 5 skirts or trousers on one hanger head..they were brilliant as I had loads of skirts, which is what everyone was wearing in the Med in summer. I bought the ones with the bars that you slide several trousers on for my husband, but they slid off. I would suggest clips for the mens trousers as well. The hangers in the cupboard on Legend, were heavy wooden ones fitted into a ring stuck to the rail. The hanger part can be unhooked and stored under the bed, or in our case ,stored in the unuseable gap behind the post. which is where I also slid the rings as far back as I could .Then I put in place my thin hangers and multi use hangers and tripled the amount of closet space. We had a higher rail and a very low rail. I even squeezed in our shoes and odds n ends etc. as there were 3 wire shelves against the side wall. We had plenty of drawers... in the bedside cabinets, in the vanity/desk unit and shelves above the safe. The cabin was always neat and ours was amongst the smallest at 154 sq ft. But it felt very roomy.. much larger due to the big window and lots of mirrors. We had plenty of room to walk around the double bed and also had a sofa and glass table. It would be lovely to have a balcony sometime. BTW, I am from Florida originally, lived there for 31 years. I Have been in the UK for nearly 25 years. The past 18 years in Central England, near Nottingham, in a city called Derby. We are landlocked and I miss the sea terribly. My parents were from Pittsburgh, and it could be where I get the "Pop" from . I had to change my entire vocabulary when I came here and it has now been so long that I forget "which" is "which" ! I just corrected all my "cupboards" and "wardrobes" in this message to.. "closets"..not sure what was the right one to use. Anyway, The Legend was beautiful , the crew terrific, Food good and we had an amazing time..I hope that you will find it just the same. Keep in touch and Let me know how you get on with everything. Carol

btw... it's refreshing to hear from someone who also says "pop." I moved to Virginia from Michigan 4 years and had to break myself of that habit, changing over to "soda" after much gentle teasing from DH and his kids :p That's OK... WE know what it's really called, don't we? ;)

[/color]

Well, I have always called it "coke", and yes I'm from Atlanta. I have a sil that is from Iowa and everything is pepsi or pop.

Thank you so much Carol for that excellent information. I appreciate you taking the time to explain and I will definitely follow your advice :)

Anybody know about the refrigerator / mini-bar in cat. D-1? Is it all mini-bar, or is there usable refrigerator space?

Archived