bike excursions in St. Thomas

MJN

Would love to hear from anyone who has done the bicycle excursion on St. Thomas with Royal caribbean. How hard a ride is it, is lunch provided? How long a trip is it? Thanks for the info.........MJN

• 1 year later...
Thank you for the web site but there are no prices posted? If you book the excursion on your own, do they pick you up at dock?

I've been looking into this as well. According to a VI resident I've been e-mailing, these guys will only pick you up at the dock if you book through the cruise ship. Otherwise, you'll have to get to Water Island on your own. If you dock at Crown Bay, this should be easy, because the Water Island ferry departs from Crown Bay. But my ship docks at Havensight, which is across town, so it would be pretty tough for me.

Bottom line: if you dock at Crown Bay, you may want to book directly with these guys, but if you dock at Havensight, you should book with your cruise ship.

HTH!

FWIW - I looked into the Water Island Bike Tour as an independent tour. They e-mailed me that I could not be picked up at Crown Bay, nor could I use the CB ferry to WI because the "timing would not be right". They said they pick up passengers only at Havensight. Can't remember the price, but they got right back to me when I e-mailed them. The ship we're on does not sell this tour, BTW.

I emailed the bike company to inquire about booking on my own and a few other questions and was told I could not book on my own. They have a deal with the cruise ships. They were very nice and helpful answering my other questions.

Archived