Questions about Carnival Reception

Hi all!

I just recently started reading this board and it has been so helpful so far! I've tried searching for more information but I haven't seen anything regarding my questions so I thought I'd ask.

For the time to celebrate big package, if I wanted to get married onshore could I have the reception much later so that we could enjoy time on the island or do we have to immediately return to the ship?

Is the steakhouse the only restaurant you can buy out? For instance, if I wanted to do the Italian restaurant is that possible? Could I just do a large group booking? I would expect around 40 sailing guests.

Thanks for your help :)

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all!

I just recently started reading this board and it has been so helpful so far! I've tried searching for more information but I haven't seen anything regarding my questions so I thought I'd ask.

For the time to celebrate big package, if I wanted to get married onshore could I have the reception much later so that we could enjoy time on the island or do we have to immediately return to the ship?

Is the steakhouse the only restaurant you can buy out? For instance, if I wanted to do the Italian restaurant is that possible? Could I just do a large group booking? I would expect around 40 sailing guests.

Thanks for your help :)

Did you find the answer to your question?

I asked this question yesterday and was told that the reception is right after the ceremony. My daughter is getting married in St. Thomas. I was hoping to arranged transportation to take her around the island for pictures after the ceremony and before the reception, but was told this wasn't possible if we booked the onboard reception.

If anyone finds out anything different, please let me know.

I asked this question yesterday and was told that the reception is right after the ceremony. My daughter is getting married in St. Thomas. I was hoping to arranged transportation to take her around the island for pictures after the ceremony and before the reception, but was told this wasn't possible if we booked the onboard reception.

If anyone finds out anything different, please let me know.

Yes. That is exactly what I have learned.