A few questions about the Escape for an upcoming cruiser

dans0202

I am off on the Escape in just under 2 weeks and had a few last minute questions I am hoping somebody that has experienced one of the last few cruises on the Escape could answer.

I understand that there is a comedy show that you can book tickets to but not until you board. I am traveling with a group of people and would prefer to try and organize a time in advance to avoid trying to organize once on board. Does anybody have an idea of what days and times the family friendlier comedy show is being currently offered?

Without starting a large conversation on what kind of parent I am, if I deem it acceptable for my 13 year old to attend the dinner theatre show, will I be stopped by NCL given the 16 and above recommendation?

Under the UBP which I booked 11 months ago, I understand I pay the taxes while in port, but I have a few specific questions.

1) Are there time limits between when I can order drinks?

2) Can I take an unopened drink back to the cabin to drink later?

3) I know the limit is $15 per drink but I am unclear about what happens when a drink is over $15. I am thinking about a glass of wine or after dinner port that may be say $17. I understand in the past you only paid the excess but seem to think the new wording and higher limit may have changed that. Just curious what people have experienced on the Escape, and lastly

4) If I go to a bar with both my sea pass and my wife’s and we both have the UBP will I have trouble getting 2 drinks at once.

Thanks

Dan

1. Nope

2. It sounds like you're talking about beer. They will want to open it but you can leave and go anywhere with it.

3. I didn't find much over $15 except expensive champagne and didn't buy that. Someone else may know.

4. Once they see both cards the staff is very good about remembering who you're with and your favorite drinks. I never had a problem ordering two drinks with one room card.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by dohspc

There are no reserved seats at the comedy. Make reservations on board, then get there early to line up so you can try to find space together. The tiny round tables barely seat 4. It's not like you'll be talking during the comedy show, so I'm not sure why it would matter if you are all immediately together.

No, you won't be stopped at the dinner show with your 13 year old.

No limit in between drinks.

You probably won't find anything over $15. If you somehow manage to, you'd just pay the difference.

All beers are supposed to be opened. Sometimes someone might give you one closed, but they aren't supposed to.

You can get drinks for both of you with both cards in hand.

Edited by LrgPizza

I'll try to help with the drinks questions.

1) No time limits

2) They are supposed to be opened, but if you ask they may give it unopened. Your chances will be improved if you have got to know the bar staff.

3) I've never done this in practice, but my understanding is that it is actually the other way round to what you say. It used to be that you paid the whole amount, but now you pay the excess.

4) Again, this one depends. They should just serve you one drink at a time, but many bar staff will just ask to see both cards. Once again, you will have much more luck if the bar staff know you and your wife.

For you have any problems then just buy one and then go to another bar to buy another one. I've never needed to do that though, but generally, if I'm getting drinks for both of us I use a server who knows us both.

thank you to all.

Just to clarify we are not trying to sit together in a group at the comedy show but to just go to the same show. Wanted to book it right when we got on board

I would want to sit as a group if traveling together. If you are there early, you should all be able to get tables near each other. Have fun!