Escape Dining Reservations

slmorange

I understand that within 90 days of cruise we should be able to make reservations for dinner. I'm about a month out from that 90 day period. Which restaurants do/don't take reservations? I assume the specialty restaurants do - is that a correct assumption? Any complementary restaurants take reservations? Trying to gauge whether to buy a SDP for how many nights and plan out where we want to eat and when, so this info would be helpful. TIA!

I understand that within 90 days of cruise we should be able to make reservations for dinner. I'm about a month out from that 90 day period. Which restaurants do/don't take reservations? I assume the specialty restaurants do - is that a correct assumption? Any complementary restaurants take reservations? Trying to gauge whether to buy a SDP for how many nights and plan out where we want to eat and when, so this info would be helpful. TIA!

Hi! I could reserve the Manhattan Dining room (complimentary).

I was also able to reserve Bayamo, La Cucina, Moderno, Teppanyaki, Le Bistro and Cagneys ahead of time.

You can reserve Manhattan Room, Taste, Savor, Le Bistro, La Cucina, Teppanyaki, Moderno, Cagney's Steakhouse, and Bayamo.

Manhattan Room, Taste, and Savor are complementary dining rooms.

As for shows you can reserve Million Dollar Quartet, After Midnight, and For The Record. For the Record is a dinner show and has a charge.

For my February 20th, 2016 cruise reservations opened up on the 90 mark at about 12:30 am. Because the Haven rooms already had a week to book some of the times were not available. I still got decent times. I would just suggest that if you want certain times or have a bigger group book early. You can book groups of up to 8 online.

Edited by broadwaycam

Is if necessary to book reservations for all the shows and specialty dining in advance? Do they hold back some reservations for on the ship?

Yes they hold back some reservations for booking on the ship. If you do decide to wait till the ship to make reservations then I would make the reservations soon after boarding. Reservations fill up fast.

Is if necessary to book reservations for all the shows and specialty dining in advance? Do they hold back some reservations for on the ship?

100% book in advance....on the Escape this past week on board we could only get 9:30 reservations. We had every day booked but 1 in advance figuring we could just wing it....not the case.

6&8

Was it difficult to book dining reservations for the week on embarkation day? I thought NCL only allowed about 25% of dining reservations for booking pre-cruise.

IMO that is not what is happening re: specialty restaurants. I have taken one cruise in June where this was no problem to book on embarkation day (I did it), but the cruise I just went on in November it was a necessity to book in advance. There was very little except La Cucina and last seatings available. I would recommend booking specialty restaurants in advance. If you book 7 and are hungry at 6 I've never been turned away with the exception of Teppanyaki which is obviously a different seating situation.

Edited by txagfan

How easy is it to cancel dinner reservations? I heard you will be charged if you cancel within 24 hours. Is that true? What If I have the SDP? Also, what if I reserve for 6 and only 4 show up?

IMO that is not what is happening re: specialty restaurants. I have taken one cruise in June where this was no problem to book on embarkation day (I did it), but the cruise I just went on in November it was a necessity to book in advance. There was very little except La Cucina and last seatings available. I would recommend booking specialty restaurants in advance. If you book 7 and are hungry at 6 I've never been turned away with the exception of Teppanyaki which is obviously a different seating situation.

Certainly takes away from the whole "NCL FREESTYLE" concept now doesn't it