UPSELL Fairy called me!!!

PekingeseLady

OK, I wanted to save $'s this cruise so I booked a Inside GTY for my upcoming 13 day Mexican Riviera cruise on the Miracle 1/31/16. This was to be our first Inside. We have always had a balcony. But because of Early Saver and GTY booking, it would have cost me $1,400 more for balcony. There was a Huge sale and the inside gty.for this cruise was only $729ea, 1429ea was the cheapest balcony. I was over 300 days when I booked and at day 53 I got the call. Let me tell you, everyday I would look to see. Always a little worried about getting a cabin all the way forward inside, I love to be towards the rear elevators. Anyway back to the call. First I was offered a balcony for $700 total more, I turned this down as I told him I would have been willing to pay 1/2 that but would have to turn him down. Then I thought and asked, what about a OceanView cabin? As I know these are a bit bigger and DH does have a scooter so I was worried about that too, having enough room in the smaller inside, but I was going to have the beds made into twins and park it between the beds at night. OK back to the call. He said let me look and yes, they would be $350 total more, then he goes, but wait, I have one 7A balcony left I can give you for $400 total. I ran to DH and asked, remember the 7A were 1429, we paid 729 for the inside gty.and they wanted only 200 more ea. He said Merry Christmas, Book it! :D I feel like I saved $1,000 even though I spent another $400, lol :rolleyes: Guess one day I'll find out what a inside cabin is like, but it won't be on this cruise!!!

• 2 weeks later...

wish that one would have called me.. ive had one upsell fairy call to move from bal to suite for the same price had i booked it to begin with. said, no, can't afford that much so close to cruise.. nothing more said.. :( bummer.. oh well, lol.