Please tell me about the Spa - what's included and what is extra?

blessedwith12

I am taking my 6th cruise with Carnival in January on the Sunshine with 4 of my daughters. In the past, I've never visited the spa. I think some of my daughters would enjoy going. Are there things to do there for free - like saunas or is there an extra cost for everything? Thanks - I appreciate any information!

I am taking my 6th cruise with Carnival in January on the Sunshine with 4 of my daughters. In the past, I've never visited the spa. I think some of my daughters would enjoy going. Are there things to do there for free - like saunas or is there an extra cost for everything? Thanks - I appreciate any information!

You might find this helpful. The items that have a fee show on this listing.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1167/~/cloud-9-spa

It depends on which ship we are talking about, the newer ships (Breeze,Magic etc) have a large spa with a number of wet & dry room & the large spa. These spas cost extra however there is a sauna in the locker room that you use for free. The older ships will have a steam room & sauna in the locker room that is free to use.

If you are booked in a spa suite you have free use of the pay spa areas included in your fare those are the only cabin that get into the spa for free.

On the Sunshine everyone has access to the Gym with exercise equipment, the showers and a sauna in the locker room.

If you have a Spa cabin or a spa pass you also get access to the Thermal Suites, various warm rooms with different kinds of heat. On the newer ships there is also a large hot tub (Thasslasso Pool) that you would have access to but not on the Sunshine. You also get discounts on services if you buy multiple services, but these were not as good as the daily specials that were offered.

There are charges for all spa services even if you have the spa pass or a spa cabin.

If you want one or two treatments during your cruise, read up on the prices in the previous post. When you see spa girls trying to get people to sign up, that means they do not personally have any appointments right then and are not making any money. You can often negotiate a good price on a spa treatment from them if you are ready to start right now. My wife does that a lot for massages.

Edited by Miller_KC