8 Day Carnival Breeze: St Maarten, Antigua, St Thomas, Dominican Republic

MintChocolate

I have a few questions about this cruise. DH and I are new to cruises. We will be sailing on Jan. 2. The ports are: St Maarten, Antigua, St Thomas, Dominican Republic (Amber Cove). All of them will be our fist visit.

1. How is the sea this time of year (early January)? Is it rough or peaceful?

2. I easily get sea sick but what helps me the most is carbonated water. I heard that you are allowed to bring your beverages on boar, but is there any bottle size limitations (we typically buy standard size of 25 oz.)? We buy it in glass bottles only, not plastic. Are glass bottles allowed? What is the limit of the bottles per person?

3. Are there vegetarian food options on the menu in MDR? Do they vary by day or are they the same every day? Someone told me that on their cruise to the Bahamas these options were the same all 3 days of the cruise.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by MintChocolate

Vegetarian - There are different vegetarian meals in the MDR. Sometimes they will make you one not on the menu if you request the night before. Lido also has vegetarian options.

Bottles - This summer they stopped any bottled drinks -glass or plastic- from being brought onboard. Twelve cans, 12 ounce each, of beverage per person may be brought onboard during embarkation. They must be carried-on. They may not be in your checked luggage. You can also get more cans in ports.

January - the weather is unpredictable. We have sailed a total of 6 weeks in January and the 4 weeks on the Caribbean have been calm. The two weeks sailing to Hawaii had some days where the waves were pretty big and the ship rocked enough that it was a little hard to keep your balance without touching a wall or handrail. There is no way to predict this. I never get seasick. I do take SeaBands and Bonnie with me, but have never used them.

You have a great itinerary. We have not been to Amber Cove yet.

Thank you, kteachcruiser52. Too bad the beverages aren't allowed. :( Is it possible to pre-order specific beverages that would be delivered to the cabin? Or is it only regular bottled water that can be pre-ordered?

I just checked the Carnival Funshops. There is a 4 pack of San Pelligrino Sparkling Natural Mineral Water for $15. Would that work?

Hi MintChocolate!! Sorry to take over your thread but I just wanted to say hi. I'm going to be on the same cruise as you!! :D We board the ship on December 27th so we'll be waiting for you on the Lido Deck with a drink in hand!! I've been to St Maarten and St Thomas many times but never been to Antigua or Amber Cove, I'm looking forward to seeing new places!! I can answer 1 of your questions. I've been on New Years cruises (and been for the 1st week of January) a few times and I can tell you that we've never had bad weather or rough seas on any of them. And the Breeze is a big ship so it makes the motion a lot less noticeable. I think you'll be just fine!! If you do feel a bit queasy, you can buy SeaBands (they go on your wrists) and Bonine (chewable tablets) in the shops onboard. Both work great. I hope to get to meet you onboard sometime!! :D

My sister is a vegan. On our last cruise we spoke to the Maitre D upon boarding and they were very accommodating. Each night at dinner an assistant would come to the table and show my sister a variety of choices for the next night to choose from. The food and the variety was awesome. I would think you'll get at least the same variety for vegetarian.

Good luck!