First Time Cruisers - Oasis of the Seas - 12/5/15 - Western Caribbean

Plunkebe

Thanks Plunkebe for a great detailed review. I can't wait for our cruise. . .going on the Oasis in May and then the Harmony next year in February. My hubby and I LOVE to cruise. Have never had a bad experience. I didn't know people were so judgmental and dare I say 'combative' about dressing up or down for dinner. ME. . I LOVE to dress up. It really doesn't matter what other guests chose to do, after all. . we are all on vacation and we should do what makes us enjoy the vacation. Hubby and I love to dress up for the formal nights. We look forward to those nights. Again. . .thanks so much for your account. I can't wait to do mine. . .only 151 days to go! :D

Alseau. I think you raise a great point. It's not the age of the cruiser it's more of the attitude. I'll bet there were as many older complainers as there were younger. Some people think because you paid for a vacation then everything should be perfect. But some people are willing to roll with the punches and some want to complain. JMO

I love your review! I completely agree about the complainers and I find myself always panicking before leaving for a cruise. I get on CC and read all these terrible reviews about the smallest little things and once I get on the boat I realize everything will be fine.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your first cruise and are cruising again soon (hopefully sooner!) We first cruised in 2014 and immediately booked two cruises in 2015 and one in 2016 when we returned.

Great review - welcome to your new addiction. We too have to laugh at many of the complainers. And yes it is our experience that most of them are well into retirement age. Although the worst we saw was a woman in her 20s on the last cruise SCREAMING at the guest service reps. Something was apparently wrong with their room and they were moving them to a SUITE. But THAT wasn't enough for her - she was furious that they had to pack their stuff and move. I will never understand that mentality of screaming at people.

I so agree with you about the pool deck and all shapes and sizes being comfortable. I work in the fashion biz and I love getting away from the genetic freaks and seeing REAL people. :D