Dawn - specialty restaurant question....

tjosh7

Is it really necessary to pre-book specialty restaurants on the Dawn? We do have the 7-night dining package but don't really want to pre-plan. What has happened to free-style? Anyone who has recently been on the Dawn - please help..... Thanks!!!

Are you in a suite? We were and we just let the concierge know when and where we wanted to go. We only had trouble with getting ressies at Cagneys, there were 6 of us and we couldn't get the night we wanted. (we like to have dinner around 6 and we tried to get ressies that day).

If you want to book Teppanyki, I would book that as soon as you get on the ship. That has limited seating, so you really need to book that right away.

Thanks, and yes, we are in a suite. Appreciate the quick reply.

If there is someplace you really really want to go to on a certain day, make sure you tell Patrick (or whoever the concierge is) when you get your room keys in the priorty waiting area.

We were on the Dawn in October (in a suite). I think the specialty restaurants are busier than usual because lots of people have the UDP. I would suggest asking your concierge in advance which restaurants he/she would suggest you book in advance. We missed Le Bistro because we waited until the morning of the last nite to ask for a seating (for 4 people) and even our concierge couldn't make it happen. Lesson learned! I think it would be easier to book it and then if needs be try to change the time....at least that way you have a guaranteed seating.

Happy sailing!

Edited by Samstress

We got off the Dawn two nights ago. We never pre booked anything. At breakfast we talked to Patrick and told him what we wanted that night. He got us in with the exact time we asked for every time, twice to Teppenyaki, twice to Cagney's, twice to Moderno and once to Le Bistro. Never a problem with same day booking. The ship was pretty full with about 2700 guests I was told.