Butterfly Farm & Marigot Excursion, St. Maarten

giddyup

Hello,

Has anyone taken this before? A group of us are considering booking this excursion ...

We would appreciate any information regarding the tour, the times at each stop, etc.

A couple people in the group are not too keen on the butterflys, but in hopes of keeping the whole group together we might all still go ... is there anything else to do at the butterfly farm other than going in with them (gift shop, cafe, or anything nearby?).

Thank you in advance for you help :)

We did this tour in Sept 04. LOVED it. We have some really unique pictures of us holding the butterflies. You get to see all stages of the creature and then they give you rum punch to drink which you may feed to the butterflies that seem to LOVE it. Then we were driven around town with a very informative guide. A stop was made in Marigot at a flea market type place w/shirts, hats woven wares etc. Also there was a shopping mall place to go to(which we didn'). Got some nice buys of island stuff at the flea market.

You will all enjoy some part of the tour....air conditioned buses. Ends at the pier which is excellent to walk around and shop at the stores there.

Be sure to purchase some guaveberry liquor from the vendor in the square. It is not available in the states....everyone here thinks it tastes somewhat like sloe gin. Yummy!!

ENJOY (who would have thought my 6'5" hubby would have loved playing with the butterflies)and post how you liked it here!!!

This was actually one of our favorite tours on our whole cruise!!

Hi,

This is one of the tours I was thinking about for January. Were there a wide variety of butterflies or mostly one variety? I wonder is they are around in January? Thanks, MJN

We did the butterfly farm independently on our Thanksgiving 2004 cruise. Everyone in our group (including our 6 and 14 year olds) loved it. There are many varieties of butterflies and the staff are very informative. There is a very small gift shop and a tiny snack bar, but in my opinion the butterfly farm is not to be missed!

And the "farm" is in a screened area, so there should be plenty of butterflies to see year-round.

....and then they give you rum punch to drink which you may feed to the butterflies that seem to LOVE it.

LOL...I'm picturing drunk butterflies fluttering around, bumping into each other and crashing into trees and flowers. Better not let those butterflies get anywhere near a Carlos & Charlies! :D

Hello,

Has anyone taken this before? A group of us are considering booking this excursion ...

We would appreciate any information regarding the tour, the times at each stop, etc.

A couple people in the group are not too keen on the butterflys, but in hopes of keeping the whole group together we might all still go ... is there anything else to do at the butterfly farm other than going in with them (gift shop, cafe, or anything nearby?).

Thank you in advance for you help :)

My sister and I thought this was a very interesting excursion.....the bus trip there seemed a little long and we made a stop for some reason....but we have some beautiful pictures of butterflys.

Hi,

Does anyone know if they have a website or is there a way to find out if there will be butterflys in January. We are very interested in this tour but don't want to book it if there are no butterflys or only a few. Sounds good though.....................thanks, MJN

I feel like I'm jumping ship, but my DW and I are headed for St. Maarten, along with other stops in HAL's Westerdam this December. I was just going to throw out the question about the butterfly farm on that site, and then here it is on the RCCL site. Well, if we cannot take this cruise on an RCCL ship, then I guess we will do it on a DAM ship!:D Oops, no pun intended!!:eek:

Rick

Hi,

Thanks for the website address. I did go to the website and checked it out and then wrote to the owners and they responded that there is glorious sunshine almost every day of the year and their butterflies are always flying! They said to wear brite colors and they will land on you and they like citrus based perfumes. They only charge $12. per adult and half price for children under 13. We will probably go on the ships tour as it stops in Marigot too and we won't have to arrange other transportation. Sounds good. Thanks everyone for the info..........MJN

Archived