a la carte - Epic 3/6/16

clivep

Having read the thread about the Breakaway a la carte introduction I checked MyNCL for my upcoming Epic cruise and found:

Cagney's Steakhouse

Details

Steak is the standard at our American-style steakhouse. Pull up a seat and take your pick from premium cuts of Certified Angus Beef®. Your mouth will water, so sip your favorite cocktail in anticipation. And don’t forget to order our made-from-scratch jumbo crab cakes and a side of our famous truffle fries. The per person price is $29.95 for sailings before 3/6/16. After this date, items on the menu will be individually priced and the charges will be incurred on board.

This applies to all the restaurants that are going a la carte: Le Bistro, La Cucina, etc.

Edited by clivep

Great find. Went & check on the SUN

The per person price is $29.95 for sailings before 1/16/16. After this date, items on the menu will be individually priced and the charges will be incurred on board.

THanks for posting this. Just checked the Jade:

Steak is the standard at our American-style steakhouse. Pull up a seat and take your pick from premium cuts of Certified Angus Beef®. Your mouth will water, so sip your favorite cocktail in anticipation. And don’t forget to order our made-from-scratch jumbo crab cakes and a side of our famous truffle fries. The per person price is $29.95 for sailings before 1/9/16. After this date, items on the menu will be individually priced and the charges will be incurred on board.

I checked Cagney's on the Pearl. It says:

The per person price is $29.95 for sailings before 1/11/16. After this date, items on the menu will be individually priced and the charges will be incurred on board.

Same for La Cucina and Le Bistro. Teppanyaki and Moderno are still listed with per person prices, are these ones not changing over to a la carte?

I checked Cagney's on the Pearl. It says:

The per person price is $29.95 for sailings before 1/11/16. After this date, items on the menu will be individually priced and the charges will be incurred on board.

Same for La Cucina and Le Bistro. Teppanyaki and Moderno are still listed with per person prices, are these ones not changing over to a la carte?

Correct those two will not be ala carte.

well now i am in a pickle. bf's birthday is during the cruise, and the restaurants are marked as a la carte. we were planning on eating in the main dining room except on his birthday.

i'm wondering how expensive the a la carte prices are and if it is better to get the package.

well now i am in a pickle. bf's birthday is during the cruise, and the restaurants are marked as a la carte. we were planning on eating in the main dining room except on his birthday.

i'm wondering how expensive the a la carte prices are and if it is better to get the package.

One way to decide is to check out the new menu, "decide" what you think you two most likely want to order and add it up for both of you including 18% gratuity. Then compare it to a package price and that will help decide what is the better value.

Picture of new menu on this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2284164&highlight=cagney+s+a+la+carte

Edited by kosweeps

• 4 weeks later...
One way to decide is to check out the new menu, "decide" what you think you two most likely want to order and add it up for both of you including 18% gratuity. Then compare it to a package price and that will help decide what is the better value.

Picture of new menu on this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2284164&highlight=cagney+s+a+la+carte

I've got the package can you tell me how that works in the a la carte restaurants?

Thanks

Experience from the Escape is that everything is included (including multiple appetisers and sides) except that you are limited to one entree.

Thanks for your help. I was a bit gutted as I only bought the package for La Bistro & Cagneys

We don't have the UDP for our upcoming Epic cruise, but I'm thinking about buying a 3 or 4 meal Specialty Dining Package. Would those be treated the same way as an UDP for the nights we choose, even in a la carte restaurants? I don't know why this concept is so confusing to me. :-)