Island Princess - questions for past cruisers

copperj

We will be sailing on Dec 20th holiday cruise.

Questions - what was your method of travel to get from the airport to the ship? Did you just take a cab or book transportation thru Princess?

How fast was check in?

How many formal nights are there, it being a 15 dayer?

We are on a wait list for the formal dining room. What are the chances of getting what we want?

I know there is a nice work out area, but is there a jogging/walking track?

Any answers would be appreciated - thanks

I envy you already. We were on the Island in January. We used Princess transfers which were very efficient. On these boards you often read messages re: booking your own taxi because it is cheaper. My opinion is I've already paid a lot of money for this cruise. The additional $20 transfer allows for a mindless, worry-free ride to the ship. I wouldn't consider a different way.

I hope you are able to get into traditional dining. They present all meals well and you do not feel rushed. We had the late seating.

The work-out area is nice. Many of the machines line the windows...........you'll loveworking out while the ocean passes by! There is a promenade deck around deck 7-I think it was 7. I believe that three trips around it equaled a mile.

My best suggestion is to pack light-the laundry machines are easy to use and well-maintained.

Enjoy yourself and have a wonderful holiday!

Jo

You will so love the Island! I was on her to Panama in January and had a marvelous time! She is so beautiful!

The promenade deck walk serves as a very good walking area. I did not see people jogging on it. Workout equipment is very good. Chances of getting to traditional dining are good, if not on by the embarkation day then check with the staff to get traditional dining. Usually most want to switch to personal choice.

I use the princess transfers as they are fairly cheap and efficient and I have not had as good experiences with cabs at Ft. Lauderdale. The cruise people will direct you from the baggage area at the airport. They are easy to spot and will take care of you.

Disembarkation is a bit more of a mess. There are thousands descending upon the airport from all the cruise ships at the same time. Schedule a later flight, or maybe the next day if possible.

Have fun, I am so jealous (but then again I am booked for the Coral in January).

I forgot to answer about check in. If you use the internet and fill out your documents on the Princess site, they will send you an express check in form. Makes check in very fast, much faster than my RCL experiences. Check in usually starts at noon. Buffet will be available in Horizon Court immediately upon boarding.

Archived