Magical Hawaiian Radiance of the Seas Detailed Trip Report with Many Pictures

PhilNDebbieAtSea

Hawaii%202015%205672-Edit_zpsrkvdxrcg.jpg

This was from the scene in Jurassic Park where they run and get out of the way of the herd of dinosaurs. A lot of people were getting on and getting their picture taken in the pose of the movie. It was cute. Line was too long for us to do that!

Hawaii%202015%205683-Edit_zpsnrrmyf0m.jpg

Hawaii%202015%205690-Edit_zpscirh9fof.jpg

Always one person holding everyone up… We had actually started pulling away when the wife came running back and said wait for her husband, who actually showed no urgency. Rude! Our bus was not crowded and had a lot of empty seats, just FYI.

Hawaii%202015%205691_zpsyrv7c2ij.jpg

Hawaii%202015%205692-Edit_zpsgtfnu5al.jpg

Hawaii%202015%205694_zps1vie5js2.jpg

Hawaii%202015%205785-Edit2_zps0srouo52.jpg

They had a restaurant and cheesy store here, plus lots of other types of tours – ATVs, horses, you name it.

We stopped at the Mac Nut Farm, which was just down the road. Got a lot of yummy stuff there, all kinds of nuts and yummy cookies. The boy checking me out put my purchases in a very nice bag, and I said I get this bag?? He said I’m pretending you are buying it. :)

Hawaii%202015%205791-Edit_zpsrcsghz9e.jpg

Hawaii%202015%205793-Edit_zpssho4d777.jpg

Hawaii%202015%205794-Edit_zpsdhtfaib9.jpg

Hawaii%202015%205797-Edit_zpsd2htntin.jpg

I had also wanted to go to Halona Blowhole but the driver said it would take an hour and a half so we elected to just go to the hotel. We wanted time to enjoy the amenities there too.

HILTON HAWAIIAN VILLAGE

Drop off was much quieter now. Porters took our luggage and we checked in. Hotel was gorgeous!! We were in the Aiia Tower, which had its own entrance and pool. The entire resort was amazing! My only regret is not having another day there. We went to our room. Beautiful! I loved our room! The room had a lovely balcony, beachfront. Our view was breathtaking! Our porter was so nice. He brought the luggage up later and then went and got ice for me. So sweet!

Hawaii%202015%205805-Edit_zpsmyxkqisv.jpg

Hawaii%202015%205807_zpsgqhs6ron.jpg

Hawaii%202015%205813-Edit_zps89ozb4vn.jpg

Hawaii%202015%205814-Edit_zpscvrj2ecb.jpg

Hawaii%202015%205819_zps0dsilw59.jpg

Hawaii%202015%205822_zpsfjeftzk7.jpg

Hawaii%202015%20RX100%20632_zpsk6tzeg2h.jpg

Hawaii%202015%20RX100%20633_zpsqmglbgbo.jpg

Can you see the couple in the background (the girl is blonde in some kind of white bikini outfit)? They had been on our floor and came down in the elevator with us. It looks like some kind of photoshoot. Not sure if it was private because they were newlyweds or professional and they were models. They were certainly beautiful enough to be models.

Hawaii%202015%20RX100%20635_zpssybfgiy5.jpg

Hawaii%202015%20RX100%20636-Edit_zps33brkkfp.jpg

Hawaii%202015%20RX100%20639_zpsiecyxetz.jpg

Hawaii%202015%20RX100%20640_zpszgzh6nin.jpg

It was dark after dinner. Phil went to get a cigarette. M&F went back to their room to get a drink (there was supposed to be a bar in our tower, but it was closed already), shower, and sit on the balcony. (There was a lot of showering on this trip because it was so hot!!!) I had a little shopping to do. I had figured out that I would not be able to get our souvenirs home because there just was not enough room in the bags. It didn’t matter for getting off the ship, but it would for the flights. I saw a Le Sport Sac shop that sold gorgeous travel bags that I could use for a carryon for the souvenirs. I also saw a cute shop with beautiful dresses for our youngest granddaughter.

Hawaii%202015%20RX100%20684-Edit_zpspygeu8vz.jpg

Hawaii%202015%20RX100%20685_zpsmzvhzcmz.jpg

I got all of my shopping done so quickly – necklaces and flowers for the hair for the older granddaughters, a shot glass, magnet, travel bag, toothpaste (we squeezed all we could out of what we brought with us on the cruise – don’t know how we miscalculated that!), and a dress for the little one. She loved it and looked adorable!

12049013_1167955013221449_815136179_n-Edit_zpspchpxhav.jpg

It was a huge resort and I was lost. I went back to the last shop I had visited and asked the salesgirl for directions to the smoking section. She started to say that you just go to the front desk and… I said uh no, I’m completely lost, I already tried that… I can’t find the front desk! She gave me directions and I found the smoking section Phil said he would be -- but he was nowhere to be found. I asked someone if there were any other smoking sections and said they were far away so I walked around calling for him like a lost puppy. Nothing. Did I forget to mention that my cell phone had died? Did I forget to mention that I did not have my room card? Ut oh! I went to the room to see if he went there to wait for me. Not there. I tried calling M&F’s room from the hallway but it came up busy, then I realized that those phones did not dial directly. I went back outside to look for Phil, feeling overwhelmed and so tired. I saw a security guard walking very fast and right in front of her was Phil! At first, I thought he had called security to find me, but no, they weren’t together. :) He WAS looking for me, though. He had called M&F and they were going to form a search party, but he was going to try the room once more.

Showered and all was well! We sat on the balcony, loving life. It felt like midnight, but it was only 8:30. LOL! Phil had bought some beer at the ABC store in the resort and we were set. The bed was unbelievably comfortable. We had reservations for Hula Grill for the next morning before our pick up, but we decided to just enjoy the hotel a little more and skip breakfast out. Hula Grill is on the beach, but we were already on the beach… LOVE THIS RESORT!!

Hawaii%202015%205846_zpsojcl1fht.jpg

Hawaii%202015%205851_zpsgm0wais9.jpg

Hawaii%202015%205868_zps1ivj2icj.jpg

Hawaii%202015%205870_zpsl8xty6zd.jpg

Next up – back to Maui! Have a Happy New Year’s everyone! See you next year!

Thank you so much. Love all the pictures and the great review...

We'll be staying in the Ali Tower four nights after our cruise on the Pride of America in March. Doing the 11 day cruise out of San Francisco after the POA does refurbishment in dry dock.

Thank you so much. Love all the pictures and the great review...

We'll be staying in the Ali Tower four nights after our cruise on the Pride of America in March. Doing the 11 day cruise out of San Francisco after the POA does refurbishment in dry dock.

Oh my, that sounds awesome!!!!! Have a wonderful trip!!!!

Thank you!! Happy new year!!! March will be here before you know it!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy New Year! Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe end to 2015 and you all have an awesome 2016!!

DAY 13 – HONOLULU TO MAUI

Great sleep!! Comfortable bed!! Beautiful morning!! As I said, we had been planning to go to breakfast, but the lure of our beautiful balcony on this beautiful resort kept us here. It was well worth it – though I would have loved to have some coconut pineapple pancakes – my only regret… But the view!!!! I didn’t have the sunrise, but it was still beautiful!

Hawaii%202015%205879_zpsiuc7er80.jpg

Hawaii%202015%205907-Edit_zpsfck7krzi.jpg

Surfers!

Hawaii%202015%205924_zpsirmcm20i.jpg