Magical Hawaiian Radiance of the Seas Detailed Trip Report with Many Pictures

PhilNDebbieAtSea

We stopped and got a hot dog from Boardwalk Dogs – delicious! As if the morning were not exciting enough, we had an afternoon tour with Kauai Limousine Tours to see Wailua River overlook, Hanalei and Anini Beach Coast, Opaeka Waterfalls. We were supposed to go to the Kilauea Lighthouse, but it was closed. Robert from NJ was our driver. The driver could not come into the port area (story of our life) since it was Sunday, so we walked out of the port, down the street into a parking lot where he was parked, a beautiful stretch limo. When I was booking transportations for the trip, I didn’t know Frank would be having such bad hip and knee problems so the low limos were a bit of a problem. Plus, he wasn’t able to talk to the driver as much – which was practically killing him. LOL! Hahaha, funny story – last cruise, M&F were getting ready to meet us for a port excursion in Barbados. All of a sudden, she hears Frank yell, NOOOOOOOOOOO! What?? LOL, he had taken 2 Tylenol PM instead of Aleve. As we started our tour, Frank was his normal self - laughing and talking with the driver, asking any question you could possibly think of – what kind of water service do they have, what time does school start, how much is the average rent, how much does a gallon of milk cost, etc. Then, suddenly there was a lull… From the back seat, we heard the driver ask, “Are you sleeping?????” LOL, he had fallen asleep mid-sentence and we told the driver he should tip US for helping him out. :)

Hawaii%202015%204671_zpsmcuovghg.jpg

There was a phone in the limo so we could talk to the driver. :)

Hawaii%202015%204672_zpshkjv2hnt.jpg

Hawaii%202015%204673_zpskwnt5zmy.jpg

Hawaii%202015%204679-Edit_zpse1lfhyss.jpg

LOL, Frank was the one with the mobility issues, but I was the one having trouble getting out of this limo. Phil saw I was having trouble and offered to help me and I said no, thanks, I have a system. Well, my system didn’t work too well… I could not get up and M&P were helping me up and out, but Maria told Phil – quick take a picture first!!!! Friends!!!

limo%20mishap-Edit_zpsqx0sfyiv.jpg

This was an awesome tour. Robert was a great guy and very informative, but not intrusive. When I got home, I saw that I had been double charged for this tour also (I had prepaid). Aerostar (the Canadian limo) took a while to get my refund after we return, but this one really took a long time! They were very nice, though, and apologetic, and I did eventually get it. Probably the problem was that you did not have to prepay for this company, but I had contacted them prior to pay for my own convenience.

This was our last night on board! It was not as sad as most cruises because we had a few days of vacation left. Phil cashed out what was left of our OBC from the next cruise booking bonus - $270!! M&F got most of their packing out of the way. We left our packing until the last minute after dinner… Well, I didn’t, but Phil got waylaid before dinner by a ship engineer smoking, who told him that he was on board fixing the engine, which almost broke!!! Actually, little did we know, but the ship had lost one engine, but they got it fixed. Just like an episode of Mighty Ships!!!! :eek:

So, Phil got back to the room late and I couldn’t pack without him this time because we were putting the things we needed for the rest of the vacation in one suitcase, and he need to tell me what he wanted packed because I didn’t want my clothes on the bottom to get more wrinkled… :)

We stopped at the CL to give Mo and the 2 bartenders their tips. Mo was so wonderful to us this whole trip. We were so impressed!

Hawaii%202015%20RX100%20536-Edit_zpsxqkv5f00.jpg

We gave out our extra tips. We loved our waiter, Ferninando. He was so nice, from waving dessert menus to cool Maria off to getting us anything we wanted.

Hawaii%202015%20RX100%20546-Edit_zps5eoyujq0.jpg

Viko, the bartender, was absolutely the best ever. He loved Phil. He always had a Coors waiting for him and brought him extra at the end of the night for the room. He always had a fuzzy navel waiting for me. Phil brought the flashing light glass in honor of our last night.

Hawaii%202015%20RX100%20551_zpsdokczdxf.jpg

Our assistant server, Marie, always had a glass of wine waiting for Maria and made sure to have extra sour dough rolls for us – our favorite!

Hawaii%202015%20RX100%20548_zpsogabyfgs.jpg