Magical Hawaiian Radiance of the Seas Detailed Trip Report with Many Pictures

PhilNDebbieAtSea

We went to the Maui Winery. Only one of us is a wine drinker so we didn’t think we would be really interested, but it turned out to be where we bought most of our souvenirs. We even asked Butch to stop back there on our tour the next week. (I love saying the next week because it really shows how long our trip was! LOL!)

Hawaii%202015%203494_zpsdd2lgcwv.jpg

Hawaii%202015%203496-Edit_zpscm6hvboc.jpg

A canon at a winery?

Hawaii%202015%203498-Edit_zpskws4e5qk.jpg

Hawaii%202015%203500_zps719a6cko.jpg

We stopped in Paia for lunch. We were starving because we hadn’t had breakfast. We told Butch that we felt like burgers – cruise ships just don’t have good burgers usually. He suggested these 2 restaurants on the main street – Charley’s Restaurant and Saloon and Rock and Brew. We went with the Rock and Brew as it was more open and neither place had air conditioning. Maui – the land of very little air conditioning. As I said, we caught it in one of the hottest and most humid spells they had had in 50 years. Lovely! :)

Hawaii%202015%203544-Edit_zpshachf80g.jpg

Hawaii%202015%203543_zpsygb8nloy.jpg

Cute little kid area!

Hawaii%202015%203561-Edit_zpsavple1w2.jpg

A roadside memorial. Be careful in Hawaii!! I did hear our tour guides on multiple occasions say tourists think they can just take hikes or go swimming in areas that they know nothing about and they get hurt and have to get rescued all the time. I didn’t tell our guides, but I did have a story from the first time I was in Hawaii 25 years ago. My sister and her husband picked us up from the airport in Oahu. On the way to their Navy housing, my sisters saw a beach!! They started yelling stop, stop, let’s go swimming!!! We stopped at the beach and they all ran out straight into the ocean. (Not me – as I say I don’t like to swim much.) They didn’t notice that no one else was swimming and that there weren’t any life guards. OMG, the waves were so strong. They got knocked down and were getting swept out. My poor mother, who had very bad knees, had to crawl out with her knees bleeding from the rocky floor of the ocean. They did get a little mad at me because I couldn’t stop laughing. All I could think of was the native islanders watching who had to be thinking those stupid haoles!!! They didn’t do that again… We did have a great trip!

Hawaii%202015%203755-Edit_zpsyjpmuhdo.jpg

Hawaii%202015%203758-Edit_zpsnq43t5w1.jpg

Our ship in the distance! We were getting closer!

Hawaii%202015%203762-Edit_zpsahwyuujz.jpg

Hawaii%202015%203765-Edit_zpshdlv6cq1.jpg

Hawaii%202015%203766-Edit_zpsnlj4uwxt.jpg

There was a long line to get the tender back to the ship. I personally have never had to wait this long for a tender. Though, that is probably because usually we get back really early and we were back at a more typical time – though not cutting it close by any means.

Hawaii%202015%203781-Edit_zpszrg426pb.jpg

But we had a nice area to look at and they gave out water while we were waiting. Too cute, 2 boys were coming back to the ship and walking to the end of the line. One of the boys dropped his Hard Rock Café glass out of its box and it shattered. His friend just kept walking. The whole line nearby all ‘awwwwed’ for him. He was so embarrassed. I didn’t take his picture because I didn’t want to embarrass him more.

Hawaii%202015%203784-Edit_zpshhn3lk2t.jpg