cancellation / changing travelers

My father in law recently fell ill and is not expected to last much longer. (Frankly, they had told us he would pass when they took him off the ventilator last week). However, he is doing fairly well, but dr still says he could go anytime.

My DH doesn't want to go on vacation if his father is still alive, because he wouldn't be able to forgive himself if he passed while we were gone.

So, I would need to either cancel or change his tickets to my mother (which was his suggestion...not sure I want to do this either....would make me feel bad leaving him at home).

We have Cruisecare. I read they documentation and it looks like we would be covered for this if we cancelled. But, it says to let them know ASAP, but we were planning on waiting another month or so to see how things go.

Anyone been in this situation before???

I'm sorry to hear about your FIL. I know that this is a hard time. I wouldn't do anything about your reservation at this point. Your FIL may get much better. Just wait awhile. This is exactly why you have insurance. We went through something similar on our first cruise. My FIL was very sick. He is in poor health. So whenever he gets sick, it is life-threatening. (Talk about a handwashing family!!) Anyway, he got much better by the time the cruise rolled around. And if your FIL doesn't get better, you can cancel and get your money back. I'm going to bet you wouldn't end up going without your DH anyway!

Archived