Frustration with Cunard's Poor Phone Customer Service

kimebear

Has anyone else experienced frustration with Cunard's Customer Service via telephone? Having always booked all travel for my husband and myself via the internet, I found it necessary to contact Cunard directly for price information for 3rd/4th passengers on the July Med sailing as we will have my teenage nieces sailing with us. I spent almost 15 mins providing all my personal information stopping just short of my blood type it seemed, only to be told that that trip was mostly sold out and they could only give me price information on the D categories which I don't want to sail. Now, come on. Every internet travel agency has availabilty for that trip in all classes. I then asked if they could tell me what the prices would have been when they were first listed and was told they didn't know. I find it hard to believe that the company itself could not quote me published prices on their own sailing. Back I go to the internet companies that have never failed me!

As far as the availability for certain cabins, I know many of the internet sites receive blocks of cabins from Cunard. Back in 2004, I was told by Cunard that QM2 was completely sold out for a particular cruise that July, however, some months later by virtue of an internet site I lucked into a cabin on deck 12 for the very same July 1 cruise.

Cruiserking

Hi Kimebear

l quite agree, though lm quite sure if you had been a 1st timer with cunard they would have offered you onboard credits and various upgrades and would fall over themselves to look after you!!!! as like myself you are quite a regular passenger with them, sometimes l feel they dont give two hoots about customer loyality, lets hope the recent Princessification will extend to this department.

cheers

Archived