Do you get a refund for prepaid shore excursions if you miss the ship?

basketballdad

I am debating whether to pre-buy the ship shore excursion we want or to wait and buy it on the ship. There is a very small chance we might not make the ship if Denver Airport is closed for snow- we are flying way early in morning but if they delay more than 12 hours we could be in trouble. Say 1%... I hate Denver Airport as it seems to close more than an yother place.

So my question is: If we don't make the ship- do we still get charged for pre booked ship sponsored excursions?

Our back up plan is to catch the ship at the 2nd port of call.. the ship excursion is at the 1st port of call.

I had a friend who missed the ship due to a family emergency.... she did not let them know since it was last minute, was just a no show and they did refund the prebooked ships tours.

On your other comment, I too hate the Denver airport. I try to avoid it at all costs, but getting out of Durango in the winter is a real hassle. I usually leave early - fortunately I can. Some people can't.

Susan

I am debating whether to pre-buy the ship shore excursion we want or to wait and buy it on the ship. There is a very small chance we might not make the ship if Denver Airport is closed for snow- we are flying way early in morning but if they delay more than 12 hours we could be in trouble. Say 1%... I hate Denver Airport as it seems to close more than an yother place.

So my question is: If we don't make the ship- do we still get charged for pre booked ship sponsored excursions?

Our back up plan is to catch the ship at the 2nd port of call.. the ship excursion is at the 1st port of call.

We came close to missing a Christmas cruise on the Z'dam due to weather delays, but the Captain held up sailing for 4 hours because so many were in the same fix. Never again...we now fly down a day early. The stress isn't worth the cost of a hotel room.

When we missed our ship, we called our TA and she canceled it on Embarkation day. We were told that we had to cancel the cruise before we could file a claim.

We've taken to flying in two days early. As fickle as the airlines are these days, it's a good precaution.

Edited by knittinggirl

I would definitely have all of the information you need handy while you're traveling so that it is easy to call and adjust your trip. But you sound like you already know this. :)

If the tour is limited and you really want to take it, I'd go ahead and purchase ahead. I've had really good luck talking with the shore excursions people the last couple of weeks, so you might ask them if the excursion is usually available.