How are the desserts?

emory2001

What is the quality of desserts, and what are some of them? Desserts have been my consistent disappointment on all my Royal Caribbean cruises.

The desserts in the MDR were for the most part unspectacular, with a couple of exceptions. They served cannolis one evening that were absolutely fantastic. Their special occasion cakes are very good and the ice cream is very rich and creamy. The free ice cream offered on the pool deck in the afternoon is more like ice milk. They have some very good desserts on the buffet each day, including eclairs, creme puffs, and flan to name a few. The Gelati stands on the Pool Deck, port side back of pool, and on deck 6 midship, have fantastic Gelati available for purchase ($2.30/scoop) in many flavors. If you love ice cream, don't miss the Gelati. Next to Gelati stand on deck 6 is a bakery shop. If you can't find something there, nothing sweet will please you.

• 2 weeks later...

Buffet desserts are unspectacular and repetitive. We thought the MDR desserts were great particularly the Tiramasu and the ice cream - rich and creamy! I didn't care very much for the Baked Alaska!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

If all fruit fails! Welcome Jello!

Edited by tomvet
Added some photos!

Buffet desserts are unspectacular and repetitive. We thought the MDR desserts were great particularly the Tiramasu and the ice cream - rich and creamy! I didn't care very much for the Baked Alaska!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

If all fruit fails! Welcome Jello!

Maybe the desserts are different in the buffet in US sailings but I've never found them inspiring at all on the sailings I've been on. I agree with you that they are better in the MDR.

I love their Baked Alaska. The only cruise line that still uses flames. And they put in really great flavors inside. The cake portion is good too. LAst time we got lucky with coconut and pistachio ice cream. Another time we had butter pecan and rum raisin. You should ask your server which flavor he has and if you want another flavor, ask.... ours always found some great flavors for us.

I love their Baked Alaska. The only cruise line that still uses flames. And they put in really great flavors inside. The cake portion is good too. LAst time we got lucky with coconut and pistachio ice cream. Another time we had butter pecan and rum raisin. You should ask your server which flavor he has and if you want another flavor, ask.... ours always found some great flavors for us.

We had no fire on ours for New Years, but it was very tasty!

The desserts in the MDR were for the most part unspectacular, with a couple of exceptions. They served cannolis one evening that were absolutely fantastic. Their special occasion cakes are very good and the ice cream is very rich and creamy. The free ice cream offered on the pool deck in the afternoon is more like ice milk. They have some very good desserts on the buffet each day, including eclairs, creme puffs, and flan to name a few. The Gelati stands on the Pool Deck, port side back of pool, and on deck 6 midship, have fantastic Gelati available for purchase ($2.30/scoop) in many flavors. If you love ice cream, don't miss the Gelati. Next to Gelati stand on deck 6 is a bakery shop. If you can't find something there, nothing sweet will please you.

I agree with this post in full. No dessert was inedible but many nights the menu options had me feeling blasé. The buffet desserts were very repetitive but their vanilla éclair and cream puffs were excellent! The gelato was probably one of the highlights of the trip for desserts.