Caronia Ding Room Question

tumeroll

I notice in the QE2 brochure that it states that the Caronia Dining Room is single seating but one can go any time between 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.

Exactly how does this work in terms of table assignment and table mates? I will be traveling solo NYC to LA on the first leg of the World Cruise and am interested to learn how this works. I have done "freestyle" dining on NCL where one simply shows up and asks for a sharing table and one gets a different group of folks each eveing.

I notice in the QE2 brochure that it states that the Caronia Dining Room is single seating but one can go any time between 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.

Exactly how does this work in terms of table assignment and table mates? I will be traveling solo NYC to LA on the first leg of the World Cruise and am interested to learn how this works. I have done "freestyle" dining on NCL where one simply shows up and asks for a sharing table and one gets a different group of folks each eveing.

No you get assigned to the same table for the duration of the cruise. Since you are going solo you will likely be grouped with large group probably 4 or more unless you specifically request a particular tablemate. You will be able to sit down at your leisure at the same table any evening from 7pm-9pm. The consequence is that you might arrive at your table with the other tablemates already eating and others may arrive after you, etc. To my knowledge there are no solo tables unless you really work some influence with the maitre d'

As a solo traveler, you want to ask for the largest table available so you can have more variety in dining companions. While everyone is likely to arrive at a different time, after a day or two you will choose a time both convenient to you and when you will not be eating alone.

My experience on my one crossing in Caronia is that the early arrivers tended to stay until the late arrivers finished or almost finished anyway.

With a table of six or even eight, you will most likely find someone you enjoy chatting with. If you don't, ask for a table change.

We really enjoyed the single seating arrangement in the Caronia dining room. The flexibility and the relaxed feeling we had about not having to meet an exact deadline. We could eat afternoon tea and go a little later to dinner, we could enjoy the mediterranean evening sun up on the sundeck (it gets really quiet up ther around 6.00pm) and go a little later to dinner. we could dress up and get ready for the formal nights and go early to dinner and extend the whole wonderful experience. we were never rushed out. We had the same waiters and table available at breakfast, lunch and dinner. By the way if you like traditional British steamed puddings and custard go at lunchtime, I would eat light then have two!.. They were willing to bring a piece of fish, from the entree selection, as my appetizer, just because that is what I fancied to eat...no problem.

A fantastic dining experience.

Archived