Horseback riding excursions

Baynes0721

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How long was the trip to the horses? Also the site states after an hour guided tour you are given an hour to go off on your own. Is this safe? I'm guessing the trails are pretty well marked. About how long was the total excursion and was there anything to do besides what appears to be 2 hours riding?

How long was the trip to the horses? Also the site states after an hour guided tour you are given an hour to go off on your own. Is this safe? I'm guessing the trails are pretty well marked. About how long was the total excursion and was there anything to do besides what appears to be 2 hours riding?

It took about 45 minutes to get where the horses were at. The area is wired off by barbed wire fences so you pretty much can't get lost. The guided part of the tour we had to exit the fence and venture through a trail that takes you through the forest.

If you ever get tired of riding you could always walk around and sample the different tropical fruits from the trees that were there. Not sure what else was there to do, but you might enjoy doing that.

I've been looking for a horseback riding excursion and my husband doesn't want to go so it will be just me. I hate to ask this, but......do you know if this ranch is the same one where the anchorwoman was at and was murdered a month or so ago? Or how close to that area this ranch is? Just wondering about the safety aspect.

I've been looking for a horseback riding excursion and my husband doesn't want to go so it will be just me. I hate to ask this, but......do you know if this ranch is the same one where the anchorwoman was at and was murdered a month or so ago? Or how close to that area this ranch is? Just wondering about the safety aspect.

I don't think so. We were more in Central Belize and that murder took place near the Western Border. I think there's a great distance between the two places so you shouldn't worry, plus your guide will be with you.