Latest on Amber Cove

golfb4cruzing

We are heading there in April and expected many writings on it by now. Anyone been that can elaborate? Someone have a bunch of pics to share? I already know there isn't a port area beach but what have folks done while there beyond lay in lounger at the giant pool or shopping. What kind of shopping is in the port area?

Hello! I am currently in the process of writing a photo review from my cruise last month on Splendor. It is not yet finished, but lucky for you, I have completed the Amber Cove and St.Thomas sections. Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2285914

I went on a private excursion, where we went mountain hiking, then slid down waterfalls to the bottom! It was TONS of fun, and I loved it! However, I did not like the port all that much. I explain it in the review. I hope it helps!

We stopped at Amber Cove last month. I don't have any photos but I enjoyed relaxing at the pool. There weren't many stores open then but it looks like the standard port shops.

Not surprisng since Amber Cove is still new, but everything was clean at the pool and the service was wonderfull. We were the only ship in port so the pool wasn't crowded and could have easily accomodated more people.

While I appreciate that poster's pics and feedback, they are small and hard to see.

I don't see anything wrong with the OPs thread. There really hasn't been alot of feedback on this new port and not many pics besides the common areas that everyone takes. Perhaps a new thread will generate some fresh responses. I would love to see pics of the cabanas. Up close. Not from the ship.

And of course what Amber Cove thread would be complete without Evanbob sharing how much he hates Carnival's cutter ports.

I agree the pics are small and hard to see (a limitation of Cruise Critic forum), however, the thread is the largest collection of Amber Cove pictures yet posted.

Thanks to everyone for their inputs. As the DR is a new hot spot, I expected a flood of pics and opinions. Our son went there on his honeymoon and said the AI was great, just don't leave the compound. I'm getting bored with the offerings of the other stops as we have hit most of the islands in the Caribbean. The only reason for this trip is DR, so I'm hoping to explore and play as much as possible.