TSA Locks taken off luggage

poison7fl

Every single time I have put TSA locks on my luggage for a flight the airlines have opened by bags and taken the locks. Only times my bags have ever been searched where with the locks on them, so I quit messing with them. Those locks are too expensive to not be returned. In the end I ended up losing at least 4 of them.

I've never lost a TSA lock since I bought them in 2009. And, my suitcases have been opened several times. I've made more than 30 flights since 2009 and at least 12 cruises. There is no way I wouldn't lock my suitcase and dive bag when traveling. I also use cable ties in combination with the locks on my dive bag. There's several thousand dollars of equipment in there.

Moral of the story: yes tsa will check at airport and the ports......possibly trains too but those do not leave or return from outside of the country:rolleyes:

I bought a brand new price of luggage for a cruise back in Sept. The luggage had a combination lock with a special slot for TSA to unlock if necessary without disturbing my combination lock. When I got back home, the combination lock was broken (brand new, mind you). Had to ship the luggage out of town to a luggage repair facility for lock replacement. Don't know whether the lock was broken at the returning port or at the returning airport. At any rate, my Travel Guard travel insurance covered the entire cost of repair including my shipping it to and from the repair facility. Couldn't ask for more than that.

I don't bother locking my luggage anymore.

The zippers/locks just end up getting broken or go missing.

If there's one key to every TSA lock you can bet that criminals/baggage handlers have that key too.

Just don't pack anything valuable in your checked luggage. If they want to steal my underwear and socks, go for it!