Queen Mary Hotel

southbayer

Anyone stay here before your cruise..? I would like to.... Where is the entrance to the hotel itself ? How are the standard rooms like ? Are they small, comfy, stale ?? Can you roam the ship at will ?

I stayed in the hotel. They added an elevator to the side of the Queen Mary to get one up to check in. You are about 100 feet from the Carnval ship. You can also check in for the Carnival ship on the QM. And have them take your luggage to the Carnival ship. Standard room is bigger than normal. Yes, one can roam the ship, restrauts, sightseeing aboard exhibites.

Anyone Ever Stay on the Queen Mary?

from

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=122670&highlight=queen

Has anyone stayed at the "Queen Mary Hotel" in Long Beach.

from

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=95823&highlight=queen

How early can you do the check in at the Queen Mary?

from

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=170910&highlight=queen

I've stayed on the Queen Mary several times. If you stay there, when you arrive at the ship, you will see the entrance. I've had very good rooms and just ok rooms, but for me each stay has been very enjoyable. They also have very good restaurants on her. I believe the early check in starts around 9:00 a.m. If you are staying there during October they have parts of the ship decorated for Halloween and tours you can take called mazed. Other than that you are free to roam the ship.

We stayed on the Queen Mary two weeks ago in a Deluxe King Suite (with a porthole). The room was clean and decorated from its' era. HOWEVER, the walls are paper thin -- we "heard" a couple ALL NIGHT LONG (my DH said "they obviously aren't married":eek: ). We had to sleep with the TV on just so as to not hear them. I thought that I would get even with them in the morning when I get up early to start getting ready and wake them up, but guess what? They started in again about 4:30!!! Sheesh -- what a night!

We did go down to the Observation Bar for appetizers and drinks after we checked in and the chairs in the bar were FILTHY! We laughed and said that we almost were ready to ask for towels to sit on because they were so gross.

Early check-in on board the Queen Mary was a breeze -- we were first in line -- they started processing people around 9:30 am. We opted to carry our own luggage over to the parking garage since we both only had one bag. After that, we found a bench along the waterfront and sat there for a while before we went and found another bench near the Skipper's Club line. After the wedding parties boarded, we were first on board the ship at 11:45am. Totally easy.

Would I stay at the Queen Mary again? Probably not. Am I glad that I did it once -- you bet. But......I was so happy to get into my nice bed on board my Carnival ship the next night!

Hi, I live here in the LB area and I would not recommed the Queen Mary Hotel. For one thing the Queen is in financial trouble AGAIN. So the up keep and maintenance may not be very good now , not sure.

There are lots of other nice hotels in the LB port area that you can use. Check them out, Coast LB , Hilton, Marriott, Reniassance . All are nice and close to restaurants , and entertainment venues like the Pike. Have a good time here in LB, and have a great cruise.

Cori

• 1 month later...

I would like to stay there for a couple reasons. one becuase i sail out on paradise, and its right there. And two, being a history buff, i would like to stay there for nostalgic and historical reasons...Hey, at least i'll do it once.

Hi, I live here in the LB area and I would not recommed the Queen Mary Hotel. For one thing the Queen is in financial trouble AGAIN. So the up keep and maintenance may not be very good now , not sure.

There are lots of other nice hotels in the LB port area that you can use. Check them out, Coast LB , Hilton, Marriott, Reniassance . All are nice and close to restaurants , and entertainment venues like the Pike. Have a good time here in LB, and have a great cruise.

Cori

Archived