Cozumel Snorkeling

PLRL

• 2 weeks later...

My own personal experience, every time I go to Coz, we take a taxi, my wife and I, or 4 people in a taxi, for $9 one way from port(the port . Go to Money Bar, we take our own snorkel gear, however, they do rent it there along with lockers and an outdoor shower (not the best but whatever), clean bathrooms, good beers and drinks, good food.

You can walk in from shore, although it is rocky at parts, but they do have steps into the water, but can be slippery. There is artificial and and natural reef there. We have seen a vast array of fish, an eel, color changing squid(you have to be looking), and a bunch of cruise passengers paying 45-65 dollars a pop to do the same thing we are doing. I believe upon request or with a little package rental you get a guided tour of the reef. Depending on your experience, you may or may not need it.

Don't buy the snorkel and food package at the bar, not worth it, as it limits choices of food and in the end cost more. Taxis are a plenty, but they will call you one if you don't see the guys or taxi out front. Also they have beach chairs(not a great beach though) for free if you are getting beers or food etc. They don't charge you. Also massages are available onsite. Good Luck in your search.

Eric