Paying Final Bill - Cash or Card?

jackatsea

Hello

I'm booked on QE2 world cruise 3 Jan 06 Southampton to Sydney. Due to the number of days on board, I expect to rack-up a heft final bill.

Does anyone know if Cunard add a surcharge for using debt/credit card to settle the bill or is it better to take a bundle of cash and hand it over to the Purser at the end of the voyage :confused:

Cheers

Jack

I always use a credit card for booking and paying on board. A credit card always gives a little more protection in case of disputes. Which seems to be too frequent with Cunard. ( just one persons opinion) best regards (ps i was never charge a fee for using american express)

As the previous reply states, Cunard do not apply a charge for using your credit card. It is also worth considering that if you intend to use a CC, as Cunard onboard pricing is in USD, why not get hold of a CC that does not apply transaction charges for foreign purchases, which can be in the region of 2.5% on top on the poor conversion rates. For example Nationwide (UK).

Always card.

I had to do cash once and had all the hastle of having to go to the pursers on the day I was leaving to confirm my bill was paid and anyone paying cash was not allowed off until they gangplank had done a double check that accounts were clear. Couldn't be bothered with that again.

What you can do is pay some of the bill by cash along the way and have the remainder on the card. You can always check your account as the cruise goes by.

Always card.

I had to do cash once and had all the hastle of having to go to the pursers on the day I was leaving to confirm my bill was paid and anyone paying cash was not allowed off until they gangplank had done a double check that accounts were clear. Couldn't be bothered with that again.

What you can do is pay some of the bill by cash along the way and have the remainder on the card. You can always check your account as the cruise goes by.

Thank you all for your kind replys and advice.

CC & cash sounds the right combination for me.

My travel agent wants to charge 3% for using Visa debit card when I pay the balance (not going too!)... just wanted to make sure the same wouldn't apply onboard.

Cheers

Jack

Thank you all for your kind replys and advice.

CC & cash sounds the right combination for me.

My travel agent wants to charge 3% for using Visa debit card when I pay the balance (not going too!)... just wanted to make sure the same wouldn't apply onboard.

Cheers

Jack

time to find a new travel agent

I am taking my amex card, and i get great reward and offers for using, what o you get for cash.

Also I think you can get on onboard sooner with a platium amex card.

and any problems they help you with.

as for 3% fot the travel agent no way, i think 2 % and only if you get a great low price.

Archived