Bech day for family on budget?

carosunshine2010

Hi!

We are a group of 15 (kids from 2-13, parents and grand parents) crusing on the Liberty of the Seas next March. Most in our group are new to cruises and have already stretched their budgets to be part of this trip so we are looking for unexpensinve activities to do at the different ports we will visit (Roatan, Belize and Cozumel).

Since the cruise ship experience will be new to most of our group, the activities on the ship will be enjoyable and new, so for the days at shore, we are looking for beaches we can spend a fews hours at and that won`t cost a fortune in transport and all inclusive fees.

I have read about Paradise Beach and Mr Sanchos in Cozumel. They seem to be good options that won`t break the bank. Is it affordable to get there and is there one of the two that would be best for a group of multiple ages like ours and more accessible from Royal Caribbean pier?

Any other suggestions would be great!:)

Thanks!

We just got back from Cozumel and Paradise Beach. We loved it. It really was perfect for our family. It's a $32 taxi for 8 in a large van, from the Punta Langosta terminal. It might be a bit cheaper from the other terminal that is a bit closer.

Admission is $3. The wrist band for the inflatables is an additional $18. The water for the inflatables is 4-6 feet deep and somewhat far from the waterline. I'd only let good swimmers do them, so wouldn't spend the money on all the kids. Also, while I'm in decent shape (running and yoga), I realized after just a few minutes I should NOT be on them. Way to slippery and unstable for my bad knee. My dh spent an hour or so on them, and has been sore for the 2 days since. Our 10-16 yo kids spent hours on them. The older ones also did the paddle boards and kayaks. The youngers had a great time playing in the sand and the pool as well.

There is ample sun, and shade, spots available.

They ask that you spend $10 in food or drink, but I'm pretty sure they don't keep you to that. It's not hard to spend, though, if you're there over lunch, or just want some snacks. Food is reasonably priced, for a tourist area, and good. If you want nachos, get the nacho volcano. It's just $2 more than the regular ones, and is the largest pile of nachos I've ever seen. You could easily feed 3 people with one plate of them.

The beach and grounds were exceptionally clean and well maintained. I'd definitely go back with my family.