Just off Glory any questions

jabberjaw070596

We were on the 12/12 sailing of the Glory and were pretty disappointed with the Serenity deck. They had about a dozen clam shells but only 3 had the tops on them. The others were missing the tops and 2 of them didnt even have the cushion.

We sail her again on 2/2/16 for an 11 day cruise and are sure hoping this is taken care of by then.

Bummer. I don't go until May. I'm sure it'll be fine by then. If not, oh well! I'll find someplace comfy to hang, I'm sure! Because, CRUISE!! :)

Thanks for the info jabberjaw - I noticed you did the Western - can you share what you did at your ports stops? My daughter will be on the Glory Western.

In Grand Cayman we rented a cabana at Royal Palms. In Roatan we booked a private tour thru Victor Bodden, Belize we stayed on the ship (we have gone to Starfish Island in the past) and Cozumel we spent the day at Nachi (in the past we have booked a private tour)

What tour did you do on Roatan? We're on the Glory in May and I booked an excursion for Tabyana Beach and am debating whether or not to change it. $40 pp seems a little pricey just to have somebody drive you to a beach.

Was FTTF worth it?

Did you purchase the Cheers beverage program?

My daughter (Jordan) is with the cruise staff. It was a very emotional week for her as it was her first Christmas being so far from family. I hope if you went to anything she hosted that you enjoyed it. They work so many hours and try to make it enjoyable for the passengers even when they are missing home. I use to work onboard many, many years ago - things have definitely changed!!

I was on the Glory with her for Thanksgiving which was her 2nd week onboard, so that worked out really well, but when she called this week-end I could tell it was a rough week for her, although she took part in the Chirstmas service & really enjoyed that.

We met Jordan on the Glory the week after Thanksgiving--she liked my Florida State hat. :)

She is awesome!!

In Grand Cayman we rented a cabana at Royal Palms. In Roatan we booked a private tour thru Victor Bodden, Belize we stayed on the ship (we have gone to Starfish Island in the past) and Cozumel we spent the day at Nachi (in the past we have booked a private tour)

Did you take a cab to Royal Plam? If yes what was the cost? Was it easy to get a cab back to the ship?

We are thinking of giving that a try in Feb.

What tour did you do on Roatan? We're on the Glory in May and I booked an excursion for Tabyana Beach and am debating whether or not to change it. $40 pp seems a little pricey just to have somebody drive you to a beach.

Was FTTF worth it?

Did you purchase the Cheers beverage program?

We did the Sun and Fun tour with Victor Bodden. You can pick and choose anything you want to see and do. Its 25 per person

FTTF is always worth it to me. I like having access to my cabin and luggage right away. Also disembarking quick is also very nice when you have an early flight home.

We are not big drinkers so we did not purchase Cheers

Did you take a cab to Royal Plam? If yes what was the cost? Was it easy to get a cab back to the ship?

We are thinking of giving that a try in Feb.

We took a cab to Royal Palm. It was 4 per person each way. Getting a cab was very easy they were waiting when we exited Royal Palms. We just had to wait a few minutes for more passengers. We enjoyed our day there.

We did the Sun and Fun tour with Victor Bodden. You can pick and choose anything you want to see and do. Its 25 per person

FTTF is always worth it to me. I like having access to my cabin and luggage right away. Also disembarking quick is also very nice when you have an early flight home.

We are not big drinkers so we did not purchase Cheers

How did you like the fun n sun tour, I have booked that one as well also. How was the setup on the beach - were the chairs ok and not all beat up and missing parts? was there food available- my children will be looking for a snack. Did you feel it was worth the $$$$. Last time we did a private tour, but we didn't really have any beach time.

Thanks in advance.

How did you like the fun n sun tour, I have booked that one as well also. How was the setup on the beach - were the chairs ok and not all beat up and missing parts? was there food available- my children will be looking for a snack. Did you feel it was worth the $$$$. Last time we did a private tour, but we didn't really have any beach time.

Thanks in advance.

We went to West End Bay which has a bunch of hotels that offer day passes for 10.00 each person and you get a umbrella and chair and a waiter to bring you drinks. You also have use of the pool. We have done this tour 3 times with the last 2 times just going to the beach for the day. We did not eat anything at the beach so I cannot comment on the food. You can customize the tour so you can decide how long you spend at the beach.

Thanks for your willingness to answer questions!

Was the serenity deck crowded? Was there a better time of day to hang out there?

Did you eat at the steakhouse?

I was on the 12/12 sailing and we were on the Serenity deck every day. It was never really crowded, the hot tubs always had someone in them but usually just one or two people. The clam shells were almost always full but they had plenty of seating elsewhere and a good amount of seating near the bar area that was shaded.

We ate at the steakhouse once while on the ship and it was fantastic as usual. Tried to get reservations two more times while on board and they were fully booked both of those nights. That was the first time we weren't able to just go early in the day and make a reservation for that evening in the steakhouse and I wonder if the quality (or lack thereof) of the food in the MDR was the reason behind the steakhouse being booked.

I was on the 12/12 sailing and we were on the Serenity deck every day. It was never really crowded, the hot tubs always had someone in them but usually just one or two people. The clam shells were almost always full but they had plenty of seating elsewhere and a good amount of seating near the bar area that was shaded.

We ate at the steakhouse once while on the ship and it was fantastic as usual. Tried to get reservations two more times while on board and they were fully booked both of those nights. That was the first time we weren't able to just go early in the day and make a reservation for that evening in the steakhouse and I wonder if the quality (or lack thereof) of the food in the MDR was the reason behind the steakhouse being booked.

Thanks! I made reservations for the steakhouse the first night. I'm looking forward to it.

Just off Glory yesterday probably will not do a review but will answer any questions you may have

Please could you advise. Travelling o Carnival Glory on 23 Jan to Eastern caribbean and have been allocated chin 1397 on Deck 1. Is this likely to be noisy due to proximity to engines? You advice would be appreciated as we are first time cruisers.:rolleyes:

Please could you advise. Travelling o Carnival Glory on 23 Jan to Eastern caribbean and have been allocated chin 1397 on Deck 1. Is this likely to be noisy due to proximity to engines? You advice would be appreciated as we are first time cruisers.:rolleyes:

No. You will not hear any engine noise that far forward. Only the very back.

I want to reassure you that you will be fine! We like the first deck and have been there several times by choice! You are at a great location to use the back elevators for the Lido deck and aft adult pool. You are far enough away from the engines but I have never heard any engine noise from the hallway and the elevators either.

Enjoy your cruise!

We will be sailing on the Glory soon in an aft balcony. Do you know if there is a mini fridge in the room?

We just returned and had an aft cabin on Deck 7, the cabin did have a mini fridge.

Did you go to Grand Turk?

If so, how many ships were in port? Was it crowded?

Thanks!

There were two ships the day we were there and while it was crowded we were still able to find 3 lounge chairs near the pool.

Edited by declansdad

we are going on the glory for our first cruise, and am wondering if there are drink specials -like happy hours 2 for 1 or something similar. Do not want to get the drink package , not sure we'll drink that much but curious. Also, were you allowed to bring alcohol on board (we are travelling with my mom who is turing 70 and want to surprise her the day we board with a spa package and champagne)

We met Jordan on the Glory the week after Thanksgiving--she liked my Florida State hat. :)

She is awesome!!

I'm so sorry that I didn't respond to this - somehow I missed it the last few times I've been on the boards.

Yes, she's one of only two in our VERY large family who is a FSU fan - the rest are Gators; however, she and her cousin aren't shy and make as much noise as all the rest.

It was very sweet of you to respond.