Getaway Haven Questions

watchdiva

I was on the Getaway in a Haven spa suite for the 2nd time earlier this month. You will get a handout in your suite that will list the times for the Haven Restaurant. I believe it was 7:30-10:00 for breakfast on port days and to 10:30 on sea days. I think lunch was served until around 2. I'm not certain at all about dinner. Since I had the UDP I never ate there for dinner. Everything I had in the Haven Restaurant was wonderful and the servers were even more wonderful than the food.

The Norwegians Night Out was on the first sea day and the Captains Reception was in Fat Cats. I think it was 5:30 - 6:30. I remember that I had to change a dining reservation due to the timing. There was also a reception in the Haven area on the last evening.

The concierge for our sailing was Virginia. I had read that it would be John D' Sousa who I had previously had as concierge on the Jewel. I was disappointed to find that it wasn't him, but Virginia soon won me over. I actually liked her quite a lot.

My only other suite experience was on the Jewel, but not in the Haven. I think compared to the Jewel you may find that you don't see the concierge out and about the ship as much. However, since the concierge desk is right at the entrance to the Haven, it's no problem getting any request taken care of. Someone is always at the desk during the concierge's hours.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by cruisebie

On the Getaway breakfast was served from 7-10, lunch from 12-2, and dinner 5:30-10

On sea days breakfast changes to 7:30-10:30

We just got off the Getaway this past Sunday and this sounds right. Kalai , the Haven maitre d, is awesome. If you have any special requests (food allergies, vegetarian, etc), he'll take care of you. I can't say enough good things about the entire Haven staff!! :D

The Haven is just like it sounds we've been on the Getaway four times in the last year. We also hand the UDP so don't know much about MDR or the like I do know tried the Buffet once didn't like at all. Only eat brk in the HDR every morning and let me say it was a treat,lunch not so much. The pool area is really nice except when there is too many kids there(sorry kids)two hot tubs and sauna private sun deck can't beat it. The Haven is totally private only Haven guest allowed must say its a cruise within a cruise. This is coming from a diamond plus Royal Member. The times others posted are correct about dining room.