Finished My Christmas Shopping

breal6

What a wonderful gift!

I'd probably do a gift bag, filled with a few goodies, such as a bottle of sunscreen, a luggage tag, a small photo album, maybe you could even get your TA to provide enough brochures that outline your cruise to put into the bag. Many different items could be used, let your imagination run wild!

Your family will love this!

Makes the holiday's easier! I did this a few years ago, we gave our kids and my parents a cruise for Christmas. I was going to do the bag thing with all kinds of goodies but decided I wanted the instant immediate surprise reaction without distraction. So I made a flyer on my pc with a picture of the ship, the itinerary, some fun tropical graphics, and put across the top... Welcome Aboard your 7 day cruise... then put sailing dates, trip itinerary, etc. It was in a simple little white envelope and I had our kids and my parents all sit down together as they opened it. There was lot's of tears, laughs, screams etc. It was wonderful.

My shopping is pretty much done also....we paid for the airline tickets for our kids to cruise with us next March (they are all grown). They were real happy to get that, saves them $$! I am doing the small gift bag with cruise things in it also so that they have something to open.:D

Our family cruises every year for Christmas....it is our "major" family vacation as well as their Christmas gift. We alternate actual Christmas on board though. This year is the five day Sovereign...on.

Next year is the Freedom. Dec. 17-24. Our kids are all in college/High School. So this makes it really easy. Last year was Mariner, before that...Explorer.

On the off years, we give them new flip flops, carry on bags etc..with the cruise stuff inside.

Hope to see you all on the Seas soon.

Katie

i seem to have a few kids out there i didn't know anything about, :eek: ,lol

i have 2 daughters all grown ages 32 and 27. neither has been on a cruise yet. and i'm taking my three grandsons. ages 8. 7 and 3.

my first thought was a gift bag of goodies, but i kind of like the flyer idea. i think i might give them all a package at the same time that says look at mom and dad/ grandma and grandpa, and we will be holding a sign that says your

you're going on a cruise!!

that way i get to see reactions for certain. we'll see.

What a lucky family! I too, booked a Christmas time cruise for 06. Of course it is also a college graduation gift for my 2 sons! The tweens are saving money so they can have an ajoining cabin and not share with mom (grandma) and dad(grandpa). This will be a 3 generation family cruise. Now if the airline tickets would just cost me less than the cruise.

Archived