Hub App Roll Out??

troublemaker256

According to Carnival's website, it's on the Breeze, Freedom, Glory, and Sunshine (so those are your 4). Other than that it says all other ships should get it in the next 12-18 months. From my recollection this is a change from what I read previously. I think the previous time I checked the roll out was going to be complete by the end of 2016. Before that, I seem to remember thinking the Pride would get in plenty of time for my February cruise. Now I kind of doubt it will happen. Which is sad as I was kind of looking forward to using it.

TL;DR: Don't know, but there seem to have been a couple of delays already.

Edited by HoosierAUEagle

According to Carnival's website, it's on the Breeze, Freedom, Glory, and Sunshine (so those are your 4). Other than that it says all other ships should get it in the next 12-18 months. From my recollection this is a change from what I read previously. I think the previous time I checked the roll out was going to be complete by the end of 2016. Before that, I seem to remember thinking the Pride would get in plenty of time for my February cruise. Now I kind of doubt it will happen. Which is sad as I was kind of looking forward to using it.

TL;DR: Don't know, but there seem to have been a couple of delays already.

Worked great on the Freedom.

...do you have to have wi-fi for this to work on the ship? I'm assuming so, if so, I won't be using it :(

Your device has to be wi-fi capable and have wi-fi turned on, but you do not need to purchase any of the Internet packages, if that's what you're asking.

We had something similar on ncl epic and it was nice to have the schedule and a chat function. The chat was great to communicate with my kids that are in the different clubs and other family members.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you knagl!

Yes, I was wondering if it was only available to those who BUY the wi-fi/internet packages. I don't want to be glued to my phone while I'm away. But that will be a nice way to have the "program for the day" at your finger tips.

No. You don't need to buy the wifi package to use it. It's $5 each person to use the chat/text feature for the length of the cruise, but if you're not interested in that, it's free to use for just the ship/program info. Just make sure you have a wifi compatible phone. You do access the ship's wifi but it's free to use for the Hub App if you don't want to text.