Can you still get a good price???

terryde

We wonder where have all the good prices gone! We are trying to book with Carnival for May 21 southern Caribbean from San Juan for 7 nights - everyone says they have a sale, but the prices are all still the same - they do offer upgrades in cabins. Are we to assume there are no more deals out there? Anyone have any suggestions? If we book now, will our price be that much cheaper than if we wait and book in 2006? Thanks for your advice,

Terryde,

Here is my two cents. Find the best deal that you can via a TA or Carnival PVP (direct with Carnival). Place the deposit, you will be required to make final payment 75 days out (I think). Then, keep a watch for price drops or other sales, and request the new pricing. Up until final payment you should be able to cancel without penalty if you are not able to get a price that is acceptable to you.

I am not sure if you can get your price adjusted after final payment if the price drops, but you may get onboard credits. Some of the others out there who have experienced this might have a better view into this than I.

I haven't done this myself, but have seen that advice multiple times from other posters on this forum.

Also, what TA's are allowed to show as pricing on the internet is often higher than what they will quote you by telephone (per their agreements with the cruise line). I believe different agencies will offer different "deals" such as onboard credits, upgrades, etc. to encourage booking through their agency. So, in my opinion it pays to shop around.

These days, to get the best prices you need to talk to a live human being. I got a residents special from my PVP that I wasn't even aware of.

There is also one or two CC group cruises for the Destiny right now. If the dates fit you should check them out.

Good price?? Define good price. Every cruise I've been on, I always thought I got a good price on our cabin. The missus and I have slowly but surely been moving up the levels as we get older and wiser. We just booked a suite on Victory for January and we ended up paying $963 per person. Heavens, I paid that for an outside cabin just three years ago. To me at least, $963 for a suite is an incredible price.

Good price?? Define good price. Every cruise I've been on, I always thought I got a good price on our cabin. The missus and I have slowly but surely been moving up the levels as we get older and wiser. We just booked a suite on Victory for January and we ended up paying $963 per person. Heavens, I paid that for an outside cabin just three years ago. To me at least, $963 for a suite is an incredible price.

Archived