Emailing Matre'd

TRAVELCRUZIN

I sent an email and was answered within 12 hours with a lovely response. He told me it would be no problem to grant my request. I did, however, print out the reply to take with me. I have found this to be wise as the person at the desk is not always informed and things can sometimes get messed up😉

John Heald posted about this today. He does NOT want people emailing the maitre'd's, as they are busy enough and it's not in their job description to answer emails.

I can't see how John could possibly begin to answer hundreds or more of requests regarding dining. Would totally make more sense that each ship only handle their ship, not him trying to sort it out (or his staff sorting it out) to then give requests to each person. There are so many posts to his page and messages on his blog, he can't possibly see or respond to even half of them. I sent an email to the pride maitre'd, got a super nice response that said my request was fine and no problem. Now whether it is, I would have then expected no more than we will see what we can do.

John Heald posted about this today. He does NOT want people emailing the maitre'd's, as they are busy enough and it's not in their job description to answer emails.

Sorry, but the only time I read about requests falling through the cracks, it's the ones that go through him, and then he makes a joke about it, when it's not a joking matter; it's a disappointment.

Meanwhile, those that do it direct without a middle man seem to get the best selections.