Breastmilk Policy DCL Nursery

Puppyluv1526

Hi Everyone

I posted this in error in the family cruising section, when perhaps someone here would know better. I was wondering if anyone knows DCL's specific policy on how long a bottle of breastmilk is good staying out in the It's a Small World Nursery? When I called DCL they could not answer the question with a specific policy, but I'm sure for health and safety reasons there is one. For example, daycare usually discards any milk not finished from the bottle after an hour, where as in the NICU where I work, breastmilk is considered good staying out up to 4 hours. My 11 month old finishes a 2-3 ounce bottle in anywhere to a few minutes to a few hours. I am only planning on putting him in the nursery for a short time while we go to the nightly show or adult dining, but that is around his bedtime. He likes to lay down with his bottle, hold it and "snack" a little here and there the first few hours he is in bed. I'm sure he is going to be fussy and stressed with the change in routine, so I just want him to be as comfortable as possible and get to keep his milk out. Thanks!

They may have a policy that does not allow them to place a baby in a crib with a bottle. I know know that in every child care center my children have been in this is not allowed. All babies must be held or in an high chair for bottle feelings.

They may have a policy that does not allow them to place a baby in a crib with a bottle. I know know that in every child care center my children have been in this is not allowed. All babies must be held or in an high chair for bottle feelings.

Good to know thanks! This is actually better. I didn't think the counselors would have time to hold him and rock him with a bottle. If they could do that until he falls asleep and lay him on one of the toddler mats that would be great. He's never been good at sleeping in strange cribs, but would be fine laying on the mats since he's almost 1. After age one that's where they put them anyway I believe.

Edited by Puppyluv1526
Typo