Specialty Dining vs. Main Dining

SeaWatcher65

Any recent reviews of the main dining rooms? Sailing NCL Escape soon. The menus for the Manhattan Dining Room seem very good to me. On our Getaway cruise, we liked the specialty dining but maybe we are better off saving the cost of the 3-day specialty dining package and using it for some lunches at Food Republic.

We buy the dining package each time. I think the quality of food is worth it. Also, you can eat at any other dining rooms for lunch. Now they offer flexibility with the dining package, as you can purchase three, four, five and six nights, or all nights of a seven day cruise. Before, we had to purchased the UDP for the entire sailing.

Our friends really enjoyed dinner in the Manhattan room, more than the specialty restaurants. We tried taste for breakfast the next morning and waited 40 min for my eggs.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Love the Manhattan Room! In my opinion, it has the best views and ambiance of any restaurant on the ship, and the live music is a bonus making it even better. We always enjoyed our food there. For what it's worth, I thought the crab cake appetizer in the MDR was way better than Cagney's, and so was the apple crisp dessert.

Love the Manhattan Room! In my opinion, it has the best views and ambiance of any restaurant on the ship, and the live music is a bonus making it even better. We always enjoyed our food there. For what it's worth, I thought the crab cake appetizer in the MDR was way better than Cagney's, and so was the apple crisp dessert.

Thank you Large Pizza! We keep thinking about canceling the SDP and just doing all included dining to make it easier -- to not have to plan so much. The main dining rooms do seem like fun. We ate all specialty dinners on Getaway and it ws time consuming. I keep telling myself... the included dining is still much better than what I usually eat at home.... for one thing, someone else is doing the cooking!

Having just sailed in December on the escape we loved the food republic.

It was the only specialty dining we tried on this cruise.the service and food

We're excellent.

That being said I ate most dinners and some lunches and breakfasts in the savor

Dining room.the new menus were good and the food and service were great.

The quality and Taste seemed much improved over my previous cruises on ncl.

On my last cruise on the epic I bought a dining package and ate all my dinners

In specialty restaraunts.of course the food was good,and I felt a big improvement over the mdr.this cruise on the escape I felt the mdr was very much improved.

So definitely go to food republic and the main ding room!