Carnival's SERGEANT'S CAY SNORKEL ADVENTURE

tulipcityfamily

This is our second time to Belize, which the first time we did a cave tubing excursion through a local company. I had read multiple reviews on the company, but we ran into problems. The company put two groups from Carnival with another group from a different ship with different port times. This didn't seem like a big issue, but then we discovered that they were also zip lining. We were not. After issues with our guide while cave tubing our group decided that we wanted to go back to the ship due to the time. After convincing them to take us back our van broke down. Luckily a bus was coming by with a group that picked us up. We made it back with 30 minutes to spare.

Long story, but now we are going back to Belize and doing a ship excursion. I normally book excursions on my own, but not wanting to after the past experience. We are looking at the Carnival Sergeant's Cay Snorkel Adventure. We aren't worried about sitting on a beach, just want to snorkel the barrier reef. It seems to have good reviews on the Carnival website, but wanted to see if anyone else has did this excursion. If you have did you like it, how long did you snorkel for, how many individuals were in your group? Thank you.

We did this excursion in December, we were looking for a last minute fairly inexpensive way to see Belize and the waters. They picked us up at the boat and maybe I would say 20 people total. We took a boat ride to their little island/store for a short bathroom break, there is a very very small gift shop and a manatee research place on the island. Then another 15ish minute boat ride out to the reef. They pass out equipment and get all paperwork done during this time and on arrival at the reef they split us up into 4 groups based on experience level each group with a guide. We snorkled for about 45 minutes and saw a lot of reef, fish, sting rays, and even a manatee at one point. After the snorkel went to the other side of the original island to their beach four i want to say 1.5 hours. There is a small restaurant that had really good local food and very cheap. It was a great excursion especially for the price, would definitely recommend.

Just did this excursion last week with Princess. Be aware that Sergeants Caye is no more than a sandbar with some wreckage around it... used to be a caye until a storm took it out years ago. It was okay, just not a super excursion for us, but better than staying on the ship!

Just did this excursion last week with Princess. Be aware that Sergeants Caye is no more than a sandbar with some wreckage around it... used to be a caye until a storm took it out years ago. It was okay, just not a super excursion for us, but better than staying on the ship!

This is the excursion on which my friend drowned at. I am still in shock over it. Jan was the best and would do anything for anyone. Were you there when it happened?

she was in our snorkel group, but we are experienced snorkelers and tend to go off on our own so we were not aware of her trouble until we came back to our excursion boat. i must say, as a nurse i felt very badly that i was not there to assist her.