I'm DREAMing of a Caribbean Christmas- Stacey's Holiday Cruise Review 12/10/1...

sunbird21

When you mentioned early in your review that your cabin steward offered either morning or evening service (not both), do you mean that they replace your towels and clean your room only once a day?

Wow...hate to sound entitled, but now you can only have your room serviced once? I like the room cleaned early, but I also enjoy the turn down service. Yikes! I don't get spoiled much, but once a year for a week, I like to be!

Most Carnival ships do do the twice daily service, at least as of my cruise last year. Supposedly they are trialing out something on a few ships, the Dream included. I had read where they ask you in the beginning if you want service once or twice daily, but ours just flat out asked which one, didn't even give an option for both.

I'm usually not very messy and once is fine(despite my last cruise, where I was with three other women in one room), but I like the pampering of the turndown service and towel animal too(if not the extra cleaning). They also used to leave chocolates on your bed, too, but that is gone. I did have a pretty bad steward on my last cruise, so I was really looking forward to (what I had remembered to be) better service on Carnival. Sadly, I did not have much better luck with this guy.

At least my mom and I are pretty neat, and we kept the place picked up pretty well, and made our own beds every day, but some days we needed the towels replaced and trash emptied, and that's where I was getting frustrated :mad:

I keep walking out and interrupting my husband's football watching to show him your photos of LFK. I don't think he notices that I'm glaring at him, LOL. Since he was the one that ultimately talked me out of it.

Michelle

Edited by mickev99

Enjoying the review so far. We sail on the Dream in 29 days (come on Jan 31!!!!) , so I may have some questions for you as the review goes along :D

Thank you!!! Ask away- I may be slower to respond during the week but will check back and answer!! I hope that you have a great cruise!!

Stacey, you're off to a great start, not too snarky at all! :D I'll be following along as my eldest son and his girlfriend were on your cruise, so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for a glimpse of them. It was her first cruise and his fifth and they both had a good time. :)

Heather

Thank you!!! Hopefully you will spot them, let me know!! I hope they enjoyed it!!

Love this review!!! We are going on this cruise in March so I'm in total obsession mode right now! We are in a toss up for doing LFK $88 each in Roatan or just reserving clam shells in Mahogany Bay $21 each.... Did you hear any comments on the "public beach" in Mahogany Bay?

Thank you!!!! I'm glad you are enjoying:)

I definitely recommend LFK- there is a lot to do, and it's one of the prettiest islands I've ever seen. Although we didn't enjoy the food, I wouldn't let it deter me from returning-I probably just wouldn't get a package that included it. Also, food is subjective...others might be fine with it.

I did not hear any comments on Mahogany Bay, but if you haven't already, look up Kim/Mitsugirly's review. I forget which ship it was(may have been an NCL) but she does a complete review on LFK and a good bit on Mahogany Bay from the same day. Any of her posts have all of her reviews in her signature, divided by ship and place,so you can find the section on just the area if you like.

I keep walking out and interrupting my husband's football watching to show him your photos of LFK. I don't think he notices that I'm glaring at him, LOL. Since he was the one that ultimately talked me out of it.

Michelle

Oh no, I'm sorry LOL!!! I'm glad you read along though- hopefully the food part makes you feel a bit better.

Next time, just budget more $$ to that port, or skip the meal... I'm sure you will make it back!! It sounded like you might have convinced him on your trip, had it not been for some of your other relatives vetoing it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no, I'm sorry LOL!!! I'm glad you read along though- hopefully the food part makes you feel a bit better.

Next time, just budget more $$ to that port, or skip the meal... I'm sure you will make it back!! It sounded like you might have convinced him on your trip, had it not been for some of your other relatives vetoing it...

Yeah, he lets me plan and just goes along with everything, so he would have done it if it hadn't been brought up and my brother hadn't made such a big deal about it. Oh well, someday. We all loved west bay beach so much we are thinking about a vacation at a resort in Honduras instead of a cruise next time so you never know.

Please forgive my previous request for a Dream review, for some reason it did not appear when I first searched for it. I guess my brain is frozen as it is 35 here in AL. Stop laughing even though I lived outside the Southern USA for years now that I am back I realize I truly do hate cold weather.

I am the exact same way when it comes to flying!! I always look around to see if anyone else looks nervous but everyone looks calm and relaxed. I have to take Xanax and even that doesn't help much. I cry, clench the armrests and do a Lamaze-breathing type of thing. I know I look ridiculous but I can't help it. :rolleyes:

I've flown once for work, many years ago, and hated it. Now 10 years later I am trying to get use to the idea that I will be flying next year to cruise from Miami, and I also want to do a Hawaii cruise which will require that. DH wants to do Alaska too. It scares me so bad, my heart starts racing just thinking about it. I'm petrified of heights and high speeds, so bad combo there! I have a feeling I will be going to my doc for something to calm me down for when we fly.

DH loves to fly--I HATE it! Never an argument between us on who sits in the window seat. If I fly alone, and have to sit there, I pull down the shade, bury myself in a book at least until we level off. I'm a terrible flyer and usually self medicate, at the bar, prior to boarding....bloody marys if it's a morning flight and dirty martinis otherwise....several. Last time I flew for work, DH didn't go and while looking at our bank account during the time I was waiting on my flight at BWI, he kept seeing my bar bill increase exponentially. By the time he picked me up in BHM I was a pretty mellowed out flyer lol.

DH loves to fly--I HATE it! Never an argument between us on who sits in the window seat. If I fly alone, and have to sit there, I pull down the shade, bury myself in a book at least until we level off. I'm a terrible flyer and usually self medicate, at the bar, prior to boarding....bloody marys if it's a morning flight and dirty martinis otherwise....several. Last time I flew for work, DH didn't go and while looking at our bank account during the time I was waiting on my flight at BWI, he kept seeing my bar bill increase exponentially. By the time he picked me up in BHM I was a pretty mellowed out flyer lol.

Lol!! I love that self medicating idea, I may try that next January if I can't get a doctor to get me something. I'm a wreck just thinking about it. I'm glad I'm not alone in my fear!

Loving your review and all the pictures. We are on the Dream in March and going to LFK...trying to figure out if we are doing anything in Belize. Might just stay on the ship with my little boy and play on the slides while my husband goes and does something adventurous. Looking forward to the rest of your trip.

Enjoying your review!! Sailing Dream March 6. Can't wait. Seventh Carnival cruise. First in 5 years and first on Dream. 5th cruise out of New Orleans (once diverted to Gulfport MS. Looking forward to rest of your review.

We are on the same one :)

Enjoying your review!! Sailing Dream March 6. Can't wait. Seventh Carnival cruise. First in 5 years and first on Dream. 5th cruise out of New Orleans (once diverted to Gulfport MS. Looking forward to rest of your review.

Hi all!

Welcome to my review of a Christmas cruise on the Carnival Dream!

My reviews tend to be a bit wordy, and I go into a lot of detail, especially with planning and pre/post cruise stuff, as I like to offer my experiences to others.

You had me at wordy and detail :D:D:D SUBSCRIBED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really enjoy your review. I'm going on a Christmas cruise this year to the same ports on the Breeze, so it's quite interesting reading. Also I'm going alone with my teenage son - so kind of "single traveling" as well.

I love you way to describe everything in details- I'm the same way :D No wonder I was thinking that you could be fun person to be around :) :)

In our cabin, Aubrey was 2 for 2( maybe he needed a few days to warm up?) and we actually had turndown service…and this creature…which I still don’t know what it is, after multiple FB posts inquiring.

d9b55a9445b4c3fe2d13b9511bfb8241.jpg

The majority says either Jar Jar Binks or cobra(despite the appendages that cobras usually don’t have).

Any further guesses welcome!

Really GREAT review!

I'm pretty certain that supposed to be a swan!:D

I read your Breakaway cruise review, as I also cruised that ship last year. I recently remembered that you were going on a cruise in December and had to wrack my brain to remember your name, but I did find you. Totally enjoying your review. It is ironic that you did not have good room stewards on either one of your cruises. Looking forward to the rest of your review.