Best cruise line/ship for family with 9 and 6 year old daughters?

TRCYNTHIA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've been on 2 cruises before - one on Royal Caribbean's Allure and the other on NCL Breakaway....Both went to the same ports of call...We're looking to take another weeklong cruise March 12- 19 (give or take a few days here or there) and would love any suggestions as to which cruise line and ship would be the best for our family of 2 daughters aged 9 and 6 that would not go to Nassau, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas....They love hanging out at the kids club in the evening after we visit the port and eat dinner as a family....We prefer a variety of restaurants with no set times, and we love a variety of entertainment - we almost always see every show the ship has to offer....Thanks in advance for any help/guidance you can offer in helping us pick a cruise line and ship that might offer us a different experience than before.

You posted this on multiple boards (excellent idea) but since they pointed you to Disney over on the Carnival board, I'm going to point you back to Carnival.

We sailed on the Breeze this summer with my kids who were 15, 16 and 18 at the time. They've been sailing since they were 7, 8, and 9. Those that express a preference prefer Carnival. Even over Disney. There is nothing wrong with Disney, they just prefer Carnival. So do I. My husband didn't until the Breeze. He now says it's his favorite ship. Over the Disney Fantasy (previously his favorite), over the Celebrity Silhouette (I love that ship!), etc.

I'm not going to pontificate too much about Carnival on this board or I'll get chastised. ;) Seriously, DCL is great for kids that age but unless the characters are a big draw for your children, you can certainly get an excellent experience elsewhere. If, however, the characters are a big draw, I recommend the Disney Fantasy. Great ship!

I'll finish my answer over on the Carnival board~