Show times and Kids club times on the Escape

Blazen

So we are booked on the Escape for the first week of March, we have been booking our dining and shows. We see that the shows start at 7 and kids club doesn't open till 7.

What have parents done in the past for getting kids to the club and getting to the show?

It seems so strange to me that NCL doesn't stagger these start times. Going to the late show I think would be to late for the kids at the club.

Greg

So we are booked on the Escape for the first week of March, we have been booking our dining and shows. We see that the shows start at 7 and kids club doesn't open till 7.

What have parents done in the past for getting kids to the club and getting to the show?

It seems so strange to me that NCL doesn't stagger these start times. Going to the late show I think would be to late for the kids at the club.

Greg

If you arrive to a show at 7pm, you might not get in. With show reservations, we plan to arrive 25-30 minutes early. For Supper Club, even earlier because I understand they start seating 30 minutes before. Here's some suggestions...

• Take the kids with you to the 7pm After Midnight and Million Dollar Quartet shows. Sit in the back or on an aisle seat if you think they can't handle 90 minutes. My son loved shows like these when he was younger (age 10 now).
  • Go to the show at 6:30 and have someone save your seat. Then you take kids to Splash Academy and go early! I guarantee the line to checkin at Splash Academy will form well before 7pm. And they might start checking in early. Check in and get back to the show right at 7pm or a few minutes after. Although NCL does not have to seat people late for a show... you already have a seat and had them scan your ship card earlier. I'm sure they let people out of the theater if needed (bathroom for example...).
  • Go to a late show. I'm amazed how kids can stay up very late at the Splash Academy. This doesn't work if you're getting up early the next day for Tortola or St. Thomas Ports.
  • Go to a 7pm show on a port day if available. Splash Academy is open before 7pm on port days.

Edited by SeaWatcher65

We have an 8:30 reservation for the Brat Pack show, so shouldn't be a problem. The other shows we plan to bring our children to, but will definitely sit at the back on the aisle, just in case they get restless. I'm not sure I will be able to sit through them either!