Cirque Show Breakaway

J3tS3tter

Hi- My children will be 5 and 10 when we sail in March - is the Cirque show worth it for them? Also, I saw old posts about booking it the first night and it being no charge, is that still the case and is it only if you have the Specialty dining package? thanks

Hi- My children will be 5 and 10 when we sail in March - is the Cirque show worth it for them? Also, I saw old posts about booking it the first night and it being no charge, is that still the case and is it only if you have the Specialty dining package? thanks

That offer is no longer valid. Therefore, there's no reason to do it the first night, especially with small children who will probably conk-out from all the excitement from the first day on a big ship. Schedule it for another night. The 10 year old might appreciate it, but I doubt the 5 year old will sit still through it all.

BTW, since you have small children, make sure your reservation for Rock of Ages is during a time when the Splash Academy is open. It's not a kid-friendly show and the Splash Academy may not be open before the start of the first showing.

That offer is no longer valid. Therefore, there's no reason to do it the first night, especially with small children who will probably conk-out from all the excitement from the first day on a big ship. Schedule it for another night. The 10 year old might appreciate it, but I doubt the 5 year old will sit still through it all.

BTW, since you have small children, make sure your reservation for Rock of Ages is during a time when the Splash Academy is open. It's not a kid-friendly show and the Splash Academy may not be open before the start of the first showing.

Our daughter loved the Cirque show when she was 7 years old!

As for Rock of Ages, if you are booked for the earlier show and the Splash Academy is not scheduled to be open yet, don't worry. They open early only for Kids whose parents have reservations to the early show. At least that's how it worked last year. I'm on Breakaway tomorrow, so I will confirm that this is still the case.

Is the pricing for kids the same as adults for the show? Debating whether or not to do a Specialty Dining Package. Was going to do one for my husband and I for three restaurants, but I think I might need to do one for the kids as well since they want to go to this show and Teppanyaki.

Just my honest opinion.

The Cirque show on Breakaway is not worth the money! The show was excellent but the food was poor and the service very poor.

The starter was ok but the steak served was not very good and was warm at best. I complained about the food temperature and was served another that was no better. Sweet was awful.

We ordered drinks on being seated - waited 40 minutes to get them.

Cagney's, Le Bistro and Tepenyaki were all very good and IMHO worth the extra cost (we pre-booked a 4 night package)

Pete.

Looking at the new (very confusing) rules for the SDP - it states that you can use the SDP for the Cirque show with an upgrade - $10 / $15 / $35 based on seating preference. I can't see using the SDP AND paying $35, but trying to find out if the $15 seats are really better than the $10 seats? TIA.

Looking at the new (very confusing) rules for the SDP - it states that you can use the SDP for the Cirque show with an upgrade - $10 / $15 / $35 based on seating preference. I can't see using the SDP AND paying $35, but trying to find out if the $15 seats are really better than the $10 seats? TIA.

The $10 seats with SDP are $30 without. The $15 seats with SDP are $40 without. So technically the $15 are a better use of your SDP. It looks like the $15 seats are on the floor, whereas the cheaper seats are along the wall. I believe the VIP seats are on the stage itself.

My youngest was 5 & 6 both times we saw Cirque on Breakaway. It totally captivated her.

Like another poster said, I too wish it was just the show. Because IMO the food isn't worth it. But I understand why it is a dinner/show package.

Overall it is a fun experience and would recommend it.

As for Rock of Ages, if you are booked for the earlier show and the Splash Academy is not scheduled to be open yet, don't worry. They open early only for Kids whose parents have reservations to the early show. At least that's how it worked last year. I'm on Breakaway tomorrow, so I will confirm that this is still the case.

Were you able to confirm if the splash academy opened early for folks who had reservations to the early showing of rock of ages?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Just bumping this up to see if anyone knows if the Splash Academy will open early for kids whose parents have reservations to the early Rock of Ages performance?

• 2 weeks later...

My daughters were 5 and 9 and loved the Cirque show. We were in line early and they were seated in the front chairs. The cast interacted with them the entire time and they said this was one of their favorite parts of the trip. The food on the night we were there was very good. I had read the bad reviews regarding this but that was not our experience. We plan on taking another cruise later this year and I am sure the girls will want to see the show again.

My dd loved cirque de soliel at 6 (in 1999), she's now

much too old to be a good predictor here. But the children i saw when we attended
who seemed in the 5-6 and up range all looked mesmerized (including 2 at our table).

I loved the show, as did my dh. The food was fine (C, C+), but i dont expect great food from dinner theater. We went to a very early show, snacked on the dinner and then went for dinner to La Cucina.

Edited by suzequ

Just bumping this up to see if anyone knows if the Splash Academy will open early for kids whose parents have reservations to the early Rock of Ages performance?

Yes. They will. You just have to let them know in advance. We had booked the Chefs Table which started at 6:30?? and they were going to accommodate us and take her in early then too. We ended up canceling the Chefs Table because with the UDP and UBP, we really couldn't justify spending an additional $110 per person plus 18% gratuity on top of it. Maybe another time.