cape liberty garage

There is no separate line. When we sailed on Nov. 30, we dropped off two of our party with the bags at the platform and then continued into the garage, we then met up on the platform with the others that already had the bags checked in and then we went inside and found one of the agents on the floor to check us in. There are many agents available to check you in. Some were on the platform and some were inside the terminal. From the time we dropped off the bags at the platform and we boarded the ship, it was maybe about 20-25 minutes max.

Same process for us as described by hac82, but when I was leaving the garage after the cruise, I saw a "luggage drop off" sign on the ground floor of the garage on the side nearest the terminal. To the best of my recollection, when I pulled into the garage (after already having dropped off my luggage), I went immediately up a ramp to pay and wouldn't have seen that sign. I'm not sure if that drop off area was set up for a different cruise line or I just missed a turn.

My question is when driving to the terminal area is it possible to go directly to the garage and bypass the line of cars waiting to get to the drop-off area? The last time I sailed out of Cape Liberty I was stuck for 20 minutes in the traffic line before I could get to the turn-off that went to the parking lot since that turn-off was very close to the drop-off area.

We sailed on 12/19 and when entering the port area, I did not see that I could go into the garage unless I went around the luggage drop off area first.

There were security people there so maybe if you told them you were not dropping off luggage, they would move you around to a different line and let you head directly to the garage.

My question is when driving to the terminal area is it possible to go directly to the garage and bypass the line of cars waiting to get to the drop-off area? The last time I sailed out of Cape Liberty I was stuck for 20 minutes in the traffic line before I could get to the turn-off that went to the parking lot since that turn-off was very close to the drop-off area.

Once in the port, as your heading towards the ship, stay in the left lane.You'll need to make a left, right before the road curves to the right for luggage drop off. You'll also see someone directing traffic exactly where you need to make that left hand turn, just tell them you want to go directly into the garage.

Once in the port, as your heading towards the ship, stay in the left lane.You'll need to make a left, right before the road curves to the right for luggage drop off. You'll also see someone directing traffic exactly where you need to make that left hand turn, just tell them you want to go directly into the garage.

Thanks. It sounds like it's the same traffic pattern as it was with the old parking lot. It really would be nice if they had a way of getting to the garage directly and thus avoid the traffic. I can't be the only one who only takes carry on luggage.

• 3 weeks later...

I too would be wondering if there is a separate drop off area for luggage for those using the garage.

Usually my DH drops me off to the right of the terminal building with our luggage (I stay with our luggage until the porter tags it and places it on the rack) and he goes and parks the car. Then he comes into the terminal building and looks for me….hoping I hear my cell phone. lol

It would be nice if we can go and park together and leave our luggage in a drop off area in the garage. Then go to the terminal together to check in.

It's no biggie either way since we arrive early and usually don't have a long line for luggage drop off.

I too would be wondering if there is a separate drop off area for luggage for those using the garage.

Usually my DH drops me off to the right of the terminal building with our luggage (I stay with our luggage until the porter tags it and places it on the rack) and he goes and parks the car. Then he comes into the terminal building and looks for me….hoping I hear my cell phone. lol

It would be nice if we can go and park together and leave our luggage in a drop off area in the garage. Then go to the terminal together to check in.

It's no biggie either way since we arrive early and usually don't have a long line for luggage drop off.

There is no separate drop off area. If you want to drop off your luggage you have to go around and pull over to right where the porters, have them take your luggage are then proceed to the garage.

We have sailed out of Cape Liberty 13 times, before and after the new garage, and we have never had much of a problem with drop off. Even when we didn't have luggage tags and had to find a porter with them to put on our bags.

Edited by CruisingChick

There is no separate drop off area. If you want to drop off your luggage you have to go around and pull over to right where the porters, have them take your luggage are then proceed to the garage.

We have sailed out of Cape Liberty 13 times, before and after the new garage, and we have never had much of a problem with drop off. Even when we didn't have luggage tags and had to find a porter with them to put on our bags.

Thanks for the answer ! When did you sail last? just curious as I am wondering if maybe something has changed since

Thanks for the answer ! When did you sail last? just curious as I am wondering if maybe something has changed since

Just sailed using the new garage in November 2015. I have been sailing out of Cape Liberty since October of 2007.

If you are driving, best bet is to get there around 11:00 AM. There's usually no lines then and you can pull right over and drop off your luggage (okay you might have a 5 minute wait - but that would be about it). Then you pull right into the garage which is right next to the terminal.

By the time you get there and check in they should be letting people on the ship. Usually that doesn't start until around 11:30 AM, although it could start later if there were any problems with the previous cruise.

Just sailed using the new garage in November 2015. I have been sailing out of Cape Liberty since October of 2007.

If you are driving, best bet is to get there around 11:00 AM. There's usually no lines then and you can pull right over and drop off your luggage (okay you might have a 5 minute wait - but that would be about it). Then you pull right into the garage which is right next to the terminal.

By the time you get there and check in they should be letting people on the ship. Usually that doesn't start until around 11:30 AM, although it could start later if there were any problems with the previous cruise.

Awesome! . great advice thank you.