Vote of thanks

groovechick

Happy New Year to all CCers and especially on this forum.

I'd just like to thank you all for your advice, hints and tips last year, which were/are much appreciated. They helped us to have a fabulous Christmas and New Year cruise on Britannia and celebrate our anniversary in the best possible way. Despite our select booking/guaranteed cabin woes, our allocated C deck cabins turned out to be in a great location, very convenient for just about everywhere on the ship, so all's well that ends well.

I will be writing a full review asap, once I've worked through the mountain of laundry and got everyone back into work and school routines. :D

Thanks again.

Hi Beachmad,

We were in C522 (an inside cabin) and the kids in C514 (a very spacious adapted inside cabin), one door away from each other. I don't know why the children were given this cabin because they have no special needs, presumably because it was the only one available close to us/wasn't required for mobility impaired passengers. At any rate they loved having the extra space - it was very big compared to our cabin.

We were slightly (about 10 yards) aft of the midships stairs, 4 decks below the Lido deck with buffet and 5-6 decks above the main public areas. Even if we used the fore or aft lifts or stairs it was easy to get back to our room. As the gangways were midships or fore at every port it was convenient for those too.

The cabin/corridor was very quiet; we had very considerate fellow passengers and no noise from service areas. There was also very little movement; during the first week of the cruise we had very strong winds (force 7/8) - at one point there was doubt as to whether we would be able to anchor in the bay at Grand Cayman and tender in, but luckily the weather calmed down a bit and we could, although tendering was still quite "exciting". My husband spoke to passengers on other decks who had suffered very badly as a result of the ship's movement and whose cabins on other decks (can't remember which) seemed to be affected much more than ours. Of course this also depends on one's personal inclination to sea sickness (my daughter felt a bit queasy one night in the MDR when there was quite a lot of movement). The cabins are smaller than other insides we have previously had on P&O. In the past we have been in a 4-berth inside cabin and managed very well; I don't think we would have with 4 of us in the Britannia cabin. The bathroom is smaller too, but the shower with screen is very welcome and a good size.

Hope this helps.

Thanks groovechick.

Fantastic for the kids having their own cabin and better for you too I expect.

We are about the same distance as you from the midship stairs but the other way, towards the fore.

Treated ourselves to balconies for this trip.

Ive been in an inside cabin that was so small it had bunk beds, I was travelling with my cousin so we had a good laugh it was like being kids again.

Good to hear a little less movement on that deck.

We are going to Norway and I wont be surprised if the seas are rough.

Thanks for your info groovechick.