Has anyone figured out how much alcohol is in a LIT made on a ship?

Jezo

The debate was pretty hot and heavy for a while but we never got an answer. On a Norwegian ship how much liquor is in a LIT? We know that it has many several types of liquor but what is the quantity? Is it a partial shot of 5 liquors to give you a total of 1.5 oz of booze in end or is it multiple shots of liquor giving you something very strong to drink for a good price?

I know what they do at the bars here on land, but what is done on a cruise ship?

Training wise they have a set recipe per drink that's pretty much consistent with all drinks in terms of overall liquor content. I will assume they use the bartending school standard of combining them all in a shot glass for measuring (that was the standard 28 years ago at least!)

That said, speaking as someone who has done a bit of bartending, each bartender has their own formula. I was always a little lighter on the multi-ingredient drinks because they focus a little more on flavor than booze, but I poured a heavy screwdriver. Even then we are not talking huge differences, maybe 5-10 percent either way so less than 1/10 of an ounce. A lot depends on how tightly the bars are audited for usage. If its a loose run bar, drinks tend to be heavier.

So to answer your question, assume in general the LIT has about the same booze as any other drink, but pay attention to what bartenders do and don't be afraid to ask for a tweak to the formula if you have a preference.

The debate was pretty hot and heavy for a while but we never got an answer. On a Norwegian ship how much liquor is in a LIT? We know that it has many several types of liquor but what is the quantity? Is it a partial shot of 5 liquors to give you a total of 1.5 oz of booze in end or is it multiple shots of liquor giving you something very strong to drink for a good price?

I know what they do at the bars here on land, but what is done on a cruise ship?

Multiple shots. It was a glass of liquor (FAR FAR more then 1.5oz, they were not measured pours so I cant be exact). Was on the Escape for the 11/28 sailing.

6&8