Breeze questions...

teesmc

Sailing Breeze with 2 kids and hubby over spring break... Have only sailed RC in past. Will ship be packed? Can kids go in Red Frog Pub and other bars? Is the basketball court open all day/night? Sounds like food reviews are so-so. Is food in Italian and Steakhouse higher quality than MDR? TIA!

We sail both royal carnival. Only the oasis class though so a lot harder to compare. Yes it will be packed during spring break. We will be on during spring break as well for the 3rd time on breeze. There is definitely less space on carnival. Kids are allowed in red frog and and most other bars. Yes basketball is open most all the time. Later in the evening it does close though. Food is mediocre but there are a lot of choices. I don't think royal food is great either though. You will get towel animals every night unlike royal. And the cabin is a little larger than royal oasis class. You will still have a great time. My kids 17 and 13 actually like breeze better than oasis.

Thanks for weighing-in. I'm really curious to see the food quality on Carnival vs RC. Friends we cruised with last spring break thought the food was comparable in quality but that CCL had better and more options than our RC ship.

Already made dinner reservations for 1 night at each.

Kids are a very mature 9.5 and 7.

We sailed Oasis of the Seas in 2014 and definitely enjoyed it. That being said, the food in the MDR was not great and I much prefer Carnival for MDR. I did like Oasis's dining choices much better and I liked the food in the for-charge restaurants better than Carnival's for-charge restaurants. However, I still like the steakhouse in Carnival and will do it at least once on our next cruise.

We where very disappointed with the Italian at night. Go during lunch and it is free. Yes steakhouse is higher quality than MDR but not worth the extra cost to me.

THe Italian lunch menu is completely different than the supper menu. I thought it was ok

We've done the Carnival Breeze and RCL Freedom.

We liked them equally. They were similar in some ways, different in others.

We love the food variety on the Breeze. The Indian and Mexican restaurants are amazing in our opinion.

We did the "free" lunch at the Italian restaurant and didn't care for it.

Both buffets are comparable.

Our kids really enjoyed the 5D theatre on the Breeze.

They also got a kick out of the "did you ever try" fun options on the dining room menus.

Sailing Breeze with 2 kids and hubby over spring break... Have only sailed RC in past. Will ship be packed? Can kids go in Red Frog Pub and other bars? Is the basketball court open all day/night? Sounds like food reviews are so-so. Is food in Italian and Steakhouse higher quality than MDR? TIA!

Also going on the Breeze for our Spring Break with our 2 girls (7 and 11)...what week is yours?

We will also be on the Breeze with our two kids over spring break (ages 10 & 12). We have traveled spring break week the past 5 years since I am teacher and the kids are off too. The ship will be busy, but we have never minded it. When we were on the Pride the Red Frog Pub was one of our favorite family spots. They have shuffleboard and foozball and a bunch a board games. We often played Jenga as a family before or after dinner. They were definitely not the only kids in there...and they were very well behaved [emoji4]

We will also be on the Breeze with our two kids over spring break (ages 10 & 12). We have traveled spring break week the past 5 years since I am teacher and the kids are off too. The ship will be busy, but we have never minded it. When we were on the Pride the Red Frog Pub was one of our favorite family spots. They have shuffleboard and foozball and a bunch a board games. We often played Jenga as a family before or after dinner. They were definitely not the only kids in there...and they were very well behaved [emoji4]

Good to hear.

What week are you going? We are in Ponte Vedra (just outside St Augustine) and our SB is the week before Easter. We leave on March 20.

Loved the choice of food on Breeze.

MDR is better over RCCL imo. Some nights better than others.

The free pasta bar at La cucina is good and quieter than buffet. Not as happy with dinner, it was good and worth $15 but not by a lot.

Steakhouse on most CCl ships has been worth it, did not try the Breeze. Not sure why we cancelled.

Sea day brunch was a nice set of choices.

Tandoor Indian was very good and a hidden gem.

Guys burgers were very good and greasy.

Blue Iguana was a nice quick bite for breakfast. Never did lunch there with the pasta bar and tandoor.

Pizza was always good.

Red Frog wings were a treat. Kids played foosball and the other hame a lot.

The Suess breakfast was fun.

We are going on Carnival Breeze Jan 30th :) We are a family of 5. We have 3 kids DS is 9 and Twin DD are 7. Would love to hear reviews, tips etc. This is a first cruise with the kids. Hubby and I went on Crown Princess 2010.

Join our roll call. Much more information there, etc.

We are going on Carnival Breeze Jan 30th. Any other families with kids Aged 9 and 7. We have a son 9 and Twin girls 7. What should we expect with cruising with kids? This is a first cruise with them. How do kids handle the motion? :)

We are going on the same cruise. Can't wait! The Breeze is a big ship and you and the kids shouldn't feel much of the ship moving other than if we get some REALLY bad weather. I am sure the kids won't even notice. The kids club on the Breeze will keep them plenty busy if they are social kids. They're going to have a great time! See you onboard! :)

Going on the Breeze 6-day on March 20. Can someone tell me if there is 1 night for formal/elegant/dressy (whatever you want to call it now) or 2 nights?

TIA!

Not sure about the 6 days but on the 8 day cruise the Breeze had 2 elegant nights.

On 5 day cruises we have done there has only been 1 elegant night.

Wanted to mention that on sea days the Breeze serves afternoon tea at 3PM

In the aft Restaurant. Its not super formal high tea but is still a good time.

some sandwiches, mini quiches and desserts

Very nice time which while not everybody's "cup of tea" :cool: is a nice way to break up lunch and dinner hours.

Also Jimmy's C Side Bar B Q was available for lunch on sea days too but the line forms early and was always long.